GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

4K Mile Perspective... 1st GTI

Starshine

Passed Driver's Ed
Just passed 4k miles too. Love the car, don't love having car payments again after 12 years, but I guess it's worth it. My only gripe I can think of is I wish the AC was set to "hot country" from the factory. I don't want to bother getting an OBD11 just to change that.

Bowser

Ready to race!
Way behind you guys - just haven't been putting on the miles. But I still love the car. No creaks/rattles (yet!)

My only mild concerns are lower than expected mileage (around 25). But the vast majority has been low-speed in town. And I'm still less than "automatic" with the 6MT. Still kill it every once in a while, especially at low speed pulling into/backing out of parking spaces/garage.

Trying to figure out where to buy 91 in my area. Have to conduct a recon.

I pretty much ignore much of the stuff on the screen, and have yet to customize locks and other settings. Only had one brief instance - in stop-and-go rush-hour traffic, where I momentarily regretted the 6MT. Still park it right where I can see it out my work window! :D

SpinKix

Passed Driver's Ed
My only mild concerns are lower than expected mileage (around 25). But the vast majority has been low-speed in town.

Don't feel bad.

My average MPG so far (1,800 mi) is 21.5.

My last car, a 2012 Ford Focus w/ dual clutch transmission averaged 22.7 over 5 years, 6-7 k a year.

Best was 37 mpg on the freeway, so it was no gas hog.

Driving while the engine warms up kills the mileage, not to mention sitting at red lights/stop signs half the time with the AC on.

Considering the difference in power between the two, I'm pretty happy the GTI is only 1.5 mpg less than the Focus.

Especially the way I've been driving it after 1k break in :D

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Just passed 4k miles too. Love the car, don't love having car payments again after 12 years, but I guess it's worth it. My only gripe I can think of is I wish the AC was set to "hot country" from the factory. I don't want to bother getting an OBD11 just to change that.

My R was set to "hot country" from the factory, the '15 Golf TDI we used to have was not. I set it to "hot" via OBDeleven and it made zero discernible difference in the AC's performance.

K.A.I.N.

Ready to race!
And I'm still less than "automatic" with the 6MT. Still kill it every once in a while, especially at low speed pulling into/backing out of parking spaces/garage.

If you haven't already, get a clutch stop. Helped me better find the engagement point, and if you don't like it it's only $10.

Bowser

Ready to race!
Driving while the engine warms up kills the mileage, not to mention sitting at red lights/stop signs half the time with the AC on.

I tend not to use the AC - tho the blasted eco-message keeps trying to get me to close the sunroof! :cool:

But the majority of my driving is around town, and a daily commute that is 4 miles each way. :(

Gotta look into a clutch stop.