GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TyrolSport Deadset Ridged subframe Kit - Thoughts

Aar

Hi All,

I'm thinking about installing the TyrolSport Deadset Ridged subframe Kit for my 17' Golf R and wanted to know if anyone out there has experience with it installed. The main reason for me would be to keep my alignment 100% on point. I notice that it shifts minimally if I were to hit a pothole and I live in Northern NJ so yea. . Lots of Holes. Just drives me nuts when its not perfectly aligned and through the internet found this may be a solution.

But with every pro comes cons so i wanted to get your thought if its worth is and if they put too much added strain on the subframe which can lead to long term damage of the car??

Thanks in advance

This is their description from the website:
While Volkswagens latest subframe assembly is a vast improvement over the 3 piece subframe of the Mk5 & 6 prone to annoying shifting & popping under normal driving it still falls short of living up to the Tyrolsport standard.

This kit replaces all factory hardware with ARP fasteners as well as a replacement and much better engineered subframe bracket.

This kit uses the same proprietary ARP Stainless Steel fasteners included with out previous kit. We have replaced all 4 subframe bolts with our own ARP fastener.

http://www.tyrolsport.com/suspension/chassis/tyrolsport-deadset-rigid-subframe-kit-for-mk7/mqb/a3/s3/

Trackrat888

I picked up my second Vokswagon this year being a 2017 Golf R, after almost 9 years after purchasing my first car a 2007 GTI. My GTI was a daily driver for most of its life until it became my designated track car. I have worked with Tyrolsport on creating a neutral fwd track car for a few years now and loved all their MK5 products aswell as their suggestions/recommendations.

This year I have done multiple track events with my new Golf R and once they release their MQB dead set kit I jumped right on it. I can personally attest to the quality of their product. The kit made a noticable difference during HDPEs.
With my personal car I never experience any shifting from potholes, but after half a year of tracking almost ever other weekend and eating hundreds of turtles, my alignment has stayed true while the kit was installed.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I picked up my second Vokswagon this year being a 2017 Golf R, after almost 9 years after purchasing my first car a 2007 GTI. My GTI was a daily driver for most of its life until it became my designated track car. I have worked with Tyrolsport on creating a neutral fwd track car for a few years now and loved all their MK5 products aswell as their suggestions/recommendations.

This year I have done multiple track events with my new Golf R and once they release their MQB dead set kit I jumped right on it. I can personally attest to the quality of their product. The kit made a noticable difference during HDPEs.
With my personal car I never experience any shifting from potholes, but after half a year of tracking almost ever other weekend and eating hundreds of turtles, my alignment has stayed true while the kit was installed.

How was alignment after install?
Dealer mentioned using this kit might limit ability to adjust sub frame over if needed. Take one adjustment tool off the shelf.

Most who have installed had no issues but I know of one who was just outside tolerance but with kit on could not adjust out. Not sure if he had any tire wear or ride issues from this.

Trackrat888

I personally run an aggressive track alignment and had no issues achieving my desired specifications, and when I was on stock suspension I didnt notice any ride quality difference.