GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

simba34

Passed Driver's Ed
The plan was by the end of this week but my order of connectors has still not shipped to me. I'm hoping they will ship early next week now so I can have them together by the end of next week. These connectors are almost as hard to get at the damn tail lights now!

Sounds good. Thanks for the update!

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I lived in a city adjacent to San Francisco, and there are some parts (closer to the Pacific Ocean) where it gets extremely foggy. Rear fog lights would definitely be helpful when passing through those areas.

Since I don't go through foggy areas anymore, I opted not to get the tails with rear fogs. And as you mentioned, everyone would slow down anyway if the conditions are that bad. Not having rear fogs be standard in the US also reduces the chances of people just running the damn thing all the time and blinding others too.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Spotted a mini with rear fogs a couple weeks ago and them shits are bright even in those tweener hours. Looked pretty good tho but i could see idiots here thinking they are brake lights or something.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

supesgolfr

Ready to race!
Spotted a mini with rear fogs a couple weeks ago and them shits are bright even in those tweener hours. Looked pretty good tho but i could see idiots here thinking they are brake lights or something.

Well it's common where I live for people to turn on the front fog lights "because it looks cool", which means these rear fog lights would be on too if they had them. Having the rear fog lights ALL THE TIME would confuse drivers because outside of the car enthusiast community, who knows anything about rear fog lights? I didn't even know what they were until I did research into the FL tail lights!

NCR-R

Ready to race!
Would it be much different than having the parking lights on while driving all the time? I see some R's around here that did the VCDS tweak to have the rear parking lights on with DRLs.

I like the symmetry of both rear fogs on at once... the single one in my old A4 used to bug me since everyone used to tell me one of my rear lights was burnt out grrrrr....

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Well it's common where I live for people to turn on the front fog lights "because it looks cool", which means these rear fog lights would be on too if they had them. Having the rear fog lights ALL THE TIME would confuse drivers because outside of the car enthusiast community, who knows anything about rear fog lights? I didn't even know what they were until I did research into the FL tail lights!
I ran fogs as drl's on my gti.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Would it be much different than having the parking lights on while driving all the time? I see some R's around here that did the VCDS tweak to have the rear parking lights on with DRLs.

I like the symmetry of both rear fogs on at once... the single one in my old A4 used to bug me since everyone used to tell me one of my rear lights was burnt out grrrrr....
Not sure what you're talking about. Links or pics?

supesgolfr

Ready to race!

Exactly! No-one knows what rear fog lights are!

Ha! I didn't even know what parking lights were until you mentioned it, and then I looked it up. Pretty cool that we have them!

Which light is the parking light on the FL tails?

RadMax8

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't give two craps whether the general public knows what fog lights are or not. Every time someone I knew was following me, they'd say something. That means they noticed me. In dodgy conditions, I'd rather someone notice me and wonder wtf was wrong with my car than hit me.

In heavy snow, I used to turn my GTI headlights off and just run my fogs. Whenever it rains or snows heavy, I ran my rear fog.

I've seen rear fog switches for Golf R's. When I get my tails, I'll definitely get rear fog lights. The question is, one or two?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I don't give two craps whether the general public knows what fog lights are or not. Every time someone I knew was following me, they'd say something. That means they noticed me. In dodgy conditions, I'd rather someone notice me and wonder wtf was wrong with my car than hit me.

In heavy snow, I used to turn my GTI headlights off and just run my fogs. Whenever it rains or snows heavy, I ran my rear fog.

I've seen rear fog switches for Golf R's. When I get my tails, I'll definitely get rear fog lights. The question is, one or two?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty sure passenger side has it regardless and the driver side is the option of yes or no. Havent seen a part # for a fog and non fog passenger light.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Pretty sure passenger side has it regardless and the driver side is the option of yes or no. Havent seen a part # for a fog and non fog passenger light.

Kinda confused here. The cars245 page for the right side inner tail (5G0945308P) says PR-8TA, which says it's without rear fog light. Does it have a rear fog after all?

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Kinda confused here. The cars245 page for the right side inner tail (5G0945308P) says PR-8TA, which says it's without rear fog light. Does it have a rear fog after all?

Believe so. Jbale can confirm.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG

In some (?) US states, it's illegal to drive with just parking lights. But yes, there's a tweak to have running lights in the rear with just DRLs in the front.

In my previous car, the parking light setting is tied to the DRL, so if the parking brake is on, it's showing parking lights (up front, this triggers side marker ambers). If the parking brake is off, the DRL shows (side marker ambers turn off, and the high beam bulbs towards the middle of the car are used in a low output mode).

Would one get pulled over for driving with parking lights? Probably not....unless you get that one cop.

supesgolfr

Ready to race!
Everything is led in these new taillights

This is an important point. I didn't realize this when I was first doing research and went ahead to source some LED reverse lights because they're missing from the Mk7 Euro Taillights. It cost me quite a bit of money only to realize that the FL Tail Lights already have LED reverse lights!

Luckily I was able to sell them at a small loss.