GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your VW Driver Gear spring setup.

anjoVW

Ready to race!
I saw some pictures from MK6 and saw that the DG for those models look lower. Would you say that's true or that they're relatively the same?

figgy1

Ready to race!
Got so sick of trying to figure out the riddle of correct DG springs with all the different PN’s so I went with Eibach Pro kit springs. Thanks to breaking badly for all his help and advice. Seriously appreciated. I’m absolutely delighted with them. Perfect 35mm drop back and front no rake issues and handling is perfect. No VWR jarring hard. VWR’s might be great if you got the roads highways motorways for them but very careful if you are going to be using rough pot holed filled roads. This is my 3rd set of springs DG’s then VWR’s now Eibachs. Happy it’s all sorted out now. It was a rough ride pardon the pun;)

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Got so sick of trying to figure out the riddle of correct DG springs with all the different PN’s so I went with Eibach Pro kit springs. Thanks to breaking badly for all his help and advice. Seriously appreciated. I’m absolutely delighted with them. Perfect 35mm drop back and front no rake issues and handling is perfect. No VWR jarring hard. VWR’s might be great if you got the roads highways motorways for them but very careful if you are going to be using rough pot holed filled roads. This is my 3rd set of springs DG’s then VWR’s now Eibachs. Happy it’s all sorted out now. It was a rough ride pardon the pun;)

What is the PN for the Eibachs you chose? Also are they Linear or Progressive?

Euro Eibach Pro springs are linear, even though they're advertised as progressive.

And that's a good thing. ;)

anjoVW

Ready to race!
Springs are in! Posting picture Friday afternoon when I take them to get installed at BDTuning here in TX.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Springs are in! Posting picture Friday afternoon when I take them to get installed at BDTuning here in TX.

Well?!?!

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Looks great. How's the ride?

anjoVW

Ready to race!
Looks great. How's the ride?

Can't give full impressions until after my alignment tomorrow but so far feels like stock still but a little stiffer in a good way. Overall an improvement and looks beautiful staring outside my window now lol.

anjoVW

Ready to race!
Okay so got my alignment this morning and experienced a full 30 miles worth drive to work. Feels great so far, nice and smooth like OEM but you definitely notice the slight stiffness added. It's a great improvement from huge gap the 1.8t Golfs have from stock. Down might get a set of ST X Coilovers but for now this will do.

Caesarmascetti

Passed Driver's Ed

rides so much better than my KW V1's did damn near a stock ride, closes up the gaps nicely overall I'm very happy used the ED spacers for the rear of the car. These springs are: 5G4-071-677-E

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Okay so got my alignment this morning and experienced a full 30 miles worth drive to work. Feels great so far, nice and smooth like OEM but you definitely notice the slight stiffness added. It's a great improvement from huge gap the 1.8t Golfs have from stock. Down might get a set of ST X Coilovers but for now this will do.

Glad you're happy with them. Thanks for the feedback.