GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes / Chassis - Sponsored by The Tire Rack

The Tire Rack
Welcome to the Wheels and Tires section of GOLFMK7. This area is proudly sponsored by The Tire Rack.

If you are making a purchase from TireRack, please help support GOLFMK7 by clicking through to them with this link or clicking on the Tire Rack banner ad. Doing so helps give back to GOLFMK7 so we can keep this place running!

Old 06-26-2017, 07:26 AM   #188
Gogo GTI

Drives: 2017 GTI Sport DSG
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by breaking badly View Post
071 675 B and 071 676 C are not the kit part numbers. These are the 'part numbers'
of the corresponding springs which are part of the/a kit. Kit part numbers start with
'5G' since they are designed for the Mk.7 Golf (for which the internal codes are both
'5G' and 'AU'), while the 'spring part numbers' that are printed on each spring start
with 'MUB' (for Mubea who is the manufacturer). See the picture below and you'll
realize that 'MUB 071 675 B' and 'MUB 071 676 C' are part of the '5G4 071 677 E' kit,
which is the only DG kit available in the US anyway.

Yup that's exactly what I was trying to confirm. I bought the 5G4071 677 E kit from someone. The kit number is listed on the box, but I just wanted to make sure that the Mubea numbers printed on the actual springs were legit. Can't be too careful buying things from strangers. Plus I was a little concerned over the 890kg vs 950kg spec for the MUB 071 676 C springs not matching up properly. But I eventually found out that this is a ROW vs NA thing?? Is that correct?

Anyway, thanks for the confirmation.
Gogo GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 03:27 PM   #189
nype

Drives: 2016 GTI Performance - DSG - Carbon Grey w/Leather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogo GTI View Post
Yup that's exactly what I was trying to confirm. I bought the 5G4071 677 E kit from someone. The kit number is listed on the box, but I just wanted to make sure that the Mubea numbers printed on the actual springs were legit. Can't be too careful buying things from strangers.

Well had you said that earlier...

Good discussion though.
nype is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 10:29 AM   #190
figgy

Drives: Golf Mk VII R Replica
Thumbs up

[QUOTE=breaking badly;470735]071 675 B and 071 676 C are not the kit part numbers. These are the 'part numbers'
of the corresponding springs which are part of the/a kit. Kit part numbers start with
'5G' since they are designed for the Mk.7 Golf (for which the internal codes are both
'5G' and 'AU'), while the 'spring part numbers' that are printed on each spring start
with 'MUB' (for Mubea who is the manufacturer). See the picture below and you'll
realize that 'MUB 071 675 B' and 'MUB 071 676 C' are part of the '5G4 071 677 E' kit,
which is the only DG kit available in the US anyway.

Figgy, to be honest I'm wondering about your confusion. If I remember correctly we
had the exact same discussion some time ago. Didn't you already try 'IRS springs'
on your 'torsion beam Golf'? Didn't you already experience an odd rake due to these
wrong springs? Didn't I already tell you which kit would have been the right one at
that time? Obviously there are dedicated springs existent for your Golf because it is
no less than mandatory to use the correct ones, since torsion beam axle Golfs need
shorter springs than 'IRS Golfs':

Yeah I hear you loud and clear trust me breaking badly. I'm gonna call the service dept to see if they can tell me what the actual MUB part numbers are on the spring kits before I purchase. If they can guarantee the correct PNs as per TUV spec sheet then I should be good to go. Thanks again for all your help.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:43 PM   #191
breaking badly

Drives: Winnie Twister
anything you need to know
Old 07-11-2017, 04:13 AM   #192
anjoVW

Drives: 2015 Golf TSI 1.8
Some of yall may have seen my name hop everywhere in the forums asking about springs, but tonight I finally pulled the trigger and confidently ordered some DG Springs after much debate. Should be in this week and will install them end of next week.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:02 PM   #193
MIXMAN3113

Drives: 2011 GOLF TDI, 2015 GOLF TDI SEL
Springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjoVW View Post
Some of yall may have seen my name hop everywhere in the forums asking about springs, but tonight I finally pulled the trigger and confidently ordered some DG Springs after much debate. Should be in this week and will install them end of next week.
Can you keep us updated once they are installed please? I am looking to lower my mk7 Golf TDI and of course need a comfy ride. Pics would be appreciated once complete.
MIXMAN3113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 11:47 PM   #194
breaking badly

On a side note, NA spec Golf TDI = torsion beam rear axle.
From what I remember DGs for torsion beam are hard to obtain in the US.
Old 07-12-2017, 05:56 AM   #195
anjoVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by breaking badly View Post
On a side note, NA spec Golf TDI = torsion beam rear axle.
From what I remember DGs for torsion beam are hard to obtain in the US.
^^ This. There's only one part number in the US and it's not for TDI

https://shopdap.com/store/5g4-071-677-e.html
Old 07-13-2017, 07:16 PM   #196
anjoVW

I saw some pictures from MK6 and saw that the DG for those models look lower. Would you say that's true or that they're relatively the same?
Old 07-16-2017, 10:08 PM   #197
figgy

Got so sick of trying to figure out the riddle of correct DG springs with all the different PNs so I went with Eibach Pro kit springs. Thanks to breaking badly for all his help and advice. Seriously appreciated. Im absolutely delighted with them. Perfect 35mm drop back and front no rake issues and handling is perfect. No VWR jarring hard. VWRs might be great if you got the roads highways motorways for them but very careful if you are going to be using rough pot holed filled roads. This is my 3rd set of springs DGs then VWRs now Eibachs. Happy its all sorted out now. It was a rough ride pardon the pun
Old 07-17-2017, 01:45 PM   #198
XM_Rocks

Drives: '16 GTI SE 6MT w/ LP, PP, DCC (4dr RS)
Quote:
Originally Posted by figgy View Post
Got so sick of trying to figure out the riddle of correct DG springs with all the different PNs so I went with Eibach Pro kit springs. Thanks to breaking badly for all his help and advice. Seriously appreciated. Im absolutely delighted with them. Perfect 35mm drop back and front no rake issues and handling is perfect. No VWR jarring hard. VWRs might be great if you got the roads highways motorways for them but very careful if you are going to be using rough pot holed filled roads. This is my 3rd set of springs DGs then VWRs now Eibachs. Happy its all sorted out now. It was a rough ride pardon the pun
What is the PN for the Eibachs you chose? Also are they Linear or Progressive?
XM_Rocks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:09 PM   #199
figgy

PN is E10-15-021-04-22 for Golf 1.6TDI with torsion beam axle. I found https://suspension-shop.com/ to be extremely helpful for getting correct PN’s for different models. These are progressive springs. Hope this helps
Old 07-18-2017, 11:33 AM   #200
breaking badly

Euro Eibach Pro springs are linear, even though they're advertised as progressive.

And that's a good thing.
Old 07-19-2017, 04:58 PM   #201
anjoVW

Springs are in! Posting picture Friday afternoon when I take them to get installed at BDTuning here in TX.