GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need Some Help Deciding on Wheels

CDM MK7

Ready to race!
Hey guys,

Just picked up a '17 GTI Autobahn in Carbon Steel Metallic, and need some help deciding on some new wheels. I've narrowed it down to a few choices already, both cost-effective flow formed wheels in 18" with very light weight. I've been flip-flopping on both for the last week so let's see what you guys think. Here are my choices:

720 Form GTF3
Satin Black
18x8 - 18lbs (720KG load rating)
Flow Formed (Similiar style to an OZ Superturismo LM but much lighter)
Dual valve stems
Under $1,000 CDN all in

Konig Hypergram
Matte Grey / Bronze
18x8.5 - 17.5lbs
Flow Formed
Under $1,200 CDN all in

Tires are Continental ExtremeContact Sport in 225/40/18. Stock suspension (and probably will be for a while). Only negatives I can see for the 720Form's are that they will be a pain to clean with all the spokes. And for the Konig, their design can make them look a little small.

What do you guys think?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Konig, but put at least 235/40 on there, since 8.5" wheel

Not my car

Hypergram

Couldn't find a picture of the 720's, but to your point they are close to the OZ's

CDM MK7

Ready to race!
Thanks for the help, guys!

I actually went for the 720 Form wheels for daily driving, and will be going with the Konig's for dedicated track wheels. Just easier that way!

tpk

Thanks for the help, guys!

I actually went for the 720 Form wheels for daily driving, and will be going with the Konig's for dedicated track wheels. Just easier that way!

I like the 720s - great choice! I went with 17" Konig Rennforms for my GSW 4Mo. Very similar in style to the 720s and they look bigger than most 17s with the spokes extending out into the rim area.

jeffkro

Go Kart Champion
How do think the hypergrams would look in bronze on CSG. The specs and price on these do look pretty attractive.

Anyways what do you guys think matt grey or bronze. Can't believer there is no option for black, its a pretty dark grey though.

Nadal4Hand

How do think the hypergrams would look in bronze on CSG. The specs and price on these do look pretty attractive.

Anyways what do you guys think matt grey or bronze. Can't believer there is no option for black, its a pretty dark grey though.
You can go with red if you go with 18's

IGOTS4MOTION

CDM MK7

Ready to race!
Apologies for the crummy pics (all I have right now), but these are the 720Form GTF3 18x8 wheels, installed. I just moved to a brand new subdivision so my driveway is literally stones and wood tracks until we get paved, and it's been raining since the day they I installed them so I haven't been able to set up a proper photo shoot. Apparently this is what summer is like here now!?

Anyways, loving them so far. They're very unique and look really aggressive in person. Overall the tire/wheel combo is a 30 lbs reduction in un-sprung weight vs OEM. Car feels more agile on its feet and the grip from the Conti's is immense. Used to be a Michelin PSS guy, but for a few hundred less per set, these EC Sport's are every bit as good, if not better IMO.

Needs some low, but functional for now.

I like the 720s - great choice! I went with 17" Konig Rennforms for my GSW 4Mo. Very similar in style to the 720s and they look bigger than most 17s with the spokes extending out into the rim area.
Thanks! Love the Rennform as well. You're right, they're very similar to the GTF3 and definitely do look bigger than they are.

Last edited: