GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Regional Forums > Southeast

Old 06-01-2017, 03:23 PM   #290
avenali312

Drives: '15 GTI S DSG TR
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmal2005 View Post
If all goes according to plan I'll be heading there as well this Sunday! Sadly my downpipe hasn't been installed yet as I don't have the tools. I need to wait till I can get a family friend with some free time/
Nice. I'm getting my windows tinted on Saturday, so I won't be able to roll them down Sunday, but I should be there haha.
avenali312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 05:21 PM   #291
Gibberoni

Drives: 2015 GTI SE (LP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by avenali312 View Post
Anyone going to Red Brick Brewing Company for Gears & Beers on Sunday?
I will be there!
Old 06-02-2017, 05:35 PM   #292
AtlantaDad

Drives: Night Blue 2016 GTI Autobahn DSG PP LP
I might try to make it out on Sunday. My dad got into a wreck last night though, so we'll see.

Does anyone go to these events (c&o, g&b, etc.) if you're not driving a modified/show car? My car is stock, aesthetically. Unless you count the 18 months' worth of rock chips, the 5 little holes in the front bumper, and the one damn door ding. If so, then I guess I am indeed modified from stock.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thou shalt read this first: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18297
AtlantaDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 05:41 PM   #293
avenali312

Drives: '15 GTI S DSG TR
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaDad View Post
I might try to make it out on Sunday. My dad got into a wreck last night though, so we'll see.

Does anyone go to these events (c&o, g&b, etc.) if you're not driving a modified/show car? My car is stock, aesthetically. Unless you count the 18 months' worth of rock chips, the 5 little holes in the front bumper, and the one damn door ding. If so, then I guess I am indeed modified from stock.
My car is pretty much sitting stock right now. I'll be getting the windows tinted on Saturday and I have my ECS flush kit from my MKV installed, but otherwise it's stock.

Being stock definitely puts you in the minority of the cars there, but no one gives you a hard time about it haha. I mean I parked in the lot reserved for euros last time and no one cared that I wasn't scraping the ground haha.

There's a photo of the last one in my "build" thread here:
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31565
avenali312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 04:21 PM   #294
jmal2005

Drives: 2015 Audi A3 2.0T Cabriolet
My car looks stock minus the wheels and the awful paint condition thanks to the dealership having an outdoor lot and the cleaning it with what I can only assume was a sponge covered in rocks. I was going to go this weekend with a dirty exterior because of all the rain haha, screw it I'm not going there to show off my car but look at other peoples :P I was too busy moving into the new place though so I didn't make it out there after all.
Old 06-10-2017, 12:59 AM   #295
hooville

Drives: '00 Golf TDI, '15 Sportwagen TDI, '16 GTI S
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaDad View Post

I have these same mods on my car! We should have a corner of the lot at B&G for the "Modded by Atlanta's Perpetual Roadwork" crew!!
Old 07-13-2017, 04:59 AM   #296
Mattvg7

Drives: 2017 Golf GTI Sport
Brookhaven, GA here, moved about a month ago from London to Atlanta and am looking for some nice roads in the area.

Managed to convince my wife to get a GTI as a daily, we picked up a black Sport about 2 weeks ago. Nearing the 1000 miles mark now, wife is starting to regret her decision
Mattvg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 05:24 AM   #297
bluedoggiant

Drives: '17 Night Blue Autobahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattvg7 View Post
Brookhaven, GA here, moved about a month ago from London to Atlanta and am looking for some nice roads in the area.

Managed to convince my wife to get a GTI as a daily, we picked up a black Sport about 2 weeks ago. Nearing the 1000 miles mark now, wife is starting to regret her decision

Hahah whys she regretting? And I can show ya some nice roads
bluedoggiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 03:32 PM   #298
Mattvg7

Great! Car is somewhat broken in and let's just say she's not a fan of spirited driving...
Old 07-14-2017, 03:47 AM   #299
primaltugboat

Drives: GTI
Mattvg7 - Check out this route if you want to take a drive to north GA. http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/17....pvHanFI3.dpbs

It's best very early mornings on the weekend or on weekdays if you can swing that
primaltugboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 04:09 AM   #300
AtlantaDad

Drives: Night Blue 2016 GTI Autobahn DSG PP LP
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltugboat View Post
Mattvg7 - Check out this route if you want to take a drive to north GA. http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/17....pvHanFI3.dpbs

It's best very early mornings on the weekend or on weekdays if you can swing that
Second this! I've not done the full loop, but the road up to woody gap is fantastic.

Thou shalt read this first: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18297
AtlantaDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 05:36 PM   #301
Gibberoni

Drives: 2015 GTI SE (LP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltugboat View Post

I never knew that was what this was called! I have been doing this route for years! haha. Actually ran it last weekend, we were in the wifes Jetta unfortunately. Headed to a lake up there for some relaxation.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:03 AM   #302
Mattvg7

Oh yes, I stumbled upon this a couple of days ago as well. Thanks for the tips, I'm going up there next week!