GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pitt Area: '15 GTI, S, LP, DSG, 21k mi, Mostly Stock and Mint Condition

1fastredsc

Ready to race!
I see that the thread has had a few views, but no questions or interest thus far. If I may ask those who've taken the time to look at the thread, what's your impression? Price too high, don't like the wheels, etc.?

I know looks are subjective, but I suppose I convinced myself that the black kojins are gorgeous on this car and would only improve its appeal. If general taste standards are such that the OEMs are preferred, I can start hunting for an OEM wheel/tire setup and sell the Kojins/Michelins on the side.

Opinions are welcomed. Thanks

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Feedback...

Price is a little high for a (almost) 3 year old base model car now, since the 2018's are coming soon.
I'm not sure if you have it for sale elsewhere, but selling it on these forums doesn't usually work out since mostly everyone on here already has a MK7...you know?

Saying you were offered $18k, and then one upping it by asking $19k....not a smart (seller's) move IMO. RARELY do people get more after posting that info

I'd take the trade-in amount of $18k and ditch it, honestly....that's a strong number

Maybe see if someone local will trade you their stock wheels & tires + $500 for your setup too or something to get you closer to that $19k figure you want

EDIT: It's also waaaaay less hassle to trade it in and walk away then dealing with tire kickers & trying to negotiate and deal with a private sale

my 2 cents

Last edited: