GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brake pads on track

normcaldwell

Go Kart Newbie
This is a an old thread I know. I run a gti PP and have the Ferodo DS2500 in the front. Honestly best pads i have ever used. I also daily them. They currently don't have a rear option but for the price they are wonderful. Yea they dust up but after a 4 hr track session no fade and great hold.

IMO great pad for the daily driven track star

+1 on the DS2500 for a daily / track combo.
There is a rear option; I'm running it. FMSI Pad Shape: D1108
Got mine through Zeckhausen Racing: https://www.zeckhausen.com/catalog/...words=D1108&osCsid=8sfmoc7rjo0q3dafsje9h47uo2

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
That's good to hear, from what I've read those pads are easy to roast at the track. Do you think the 2500 would hold up just as well on the smaller non-PP rotors at the track? Assuming the smaller rotors don't dissipate heat as well and subsequently would cause the pads to get hotter.

I am unsure if they make a non PP version. However in my untested OP? They should do fine. Though i would DEF upgrade the rear as well. PP certainly benefits from the bigger rotors up front

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
Yeah if I could do it over again I would have waited until I could find a PP. In the future I think I'll end up going with a bbk. For the time being though, I'm going to go with the MX72's, I haven't been able to find the ds2500's for non-pp. Is there a similar but cheaper pad to the mx that I could run in the rear or should I buy them all-around? Thanks.