GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What downpipe y'all running?!

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Fellow Canadians,

What downpipe are you guys running? And where did you order it from?

I'm trying to pull the trigger. Everywhere I look the prices shipped and converted to CDN are ridiculous...

Ideally looking for a 1 piece design to avoid leaks.

You went Catted or catless (i'm in ONT and catted would be the smart move but...)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Pay to get a multi piece welded if you don't want leaks. I am not a big fan of CTS (B.C.), but you should go with them for a DP if you want to go catless.

If you are not tuned and don't want a CEL, Ultimate Racing w/metal cat is the way to go, although there can be some QC problems (this is what I run). They are in Mississauga.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Pay to get a multi piece welded if you don't want leaks. I am not a big fan of CTS (B.C.), but you should go with them for a DP if you want to go catless.

If you are not tuned and don't want a CEL, Ultimate Racing w/metal cat is the way to go, although there can be some QC problems (this is what I run). They are in Mississauga.

Mind me asking how much you paid shipped in cdn for the UR w/metal cat downpipe?

It looks like a quality piece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Mind me asking how much you paid shipped in cdn for the UR w/metal cat downpipe?

It looks like a quality piece

$690 shipped taxes in to Ottawa.

Chronic

Go Kart Champion
CTS Catless love it can't complain fitment is spot on sound is awesome and smells awesome lol

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
$690 shipped taxes in to Ottawa.

That's pretty good. I'm guessing you didn't opt for the Resonator option?

How does it sound with only the Metal Cat?
I plan on connecting it to the stock catback and don't want something loud.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie

Chronic

Go Kart Champion
CTS I believe has a sale of up to 25% off starting on the 19 to June 11

JUMB3E

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6MT
HPA catted

Chronic

Go Kart Champion
Those are nice too but Catless I know a guy that's got one he went from CTS to HPA and from what he was saying he really liked it fitment was excellent he had no complaints

Arac

Ready to race!
Anybody running an AWE catted DP? Where did you get it from? I think they guarantee no CEL and for it to work fine even without a tune.

controller

Passed Driver's Ed
Fellow Canadians,

What downpipe are you guys running? And where did you order it from?

I'm trying to pull the trigger. Everywhere I look the prices shipped and converted to CDN are ridiculous...

Ideally looking for a 1 piece design to avoid leaks.

You went Catted or catless (i'm in ONT and catted would be the smart move but...)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey man,

Did you pull trigger on a DP? I am considering the same options. Curious how it went for you?

Thanks

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Hey there,

I haven't yet. Still rocking JB4 and a few minor mods (stock intake mods, 034 insert). Car is still under warranty.

From my research the cheapest option would be Rev9 catless DP (Ebay Canada) w/ magnaflow cat welded in. Comes out to 530$ CDN ~ without install. Theres also another DP on ebay (Mertop / Scorpion) for cheap. This one comes w/ a 200 cell cat but its 2.75 inch.
The problem is the quality and fitment of these may or may not be good.

Otherwise, CTS turbo catted DP or Ultimate Racing Catted are good options but more expensive. Both are Canadian companies. Expect to pay 680-700$ CDN ~ for the downpipe alone.

Still lurking around and might wait till next year to pull the trigger

controller

Passed Driver's Ed
I am about to pull the trigger on the Ultimate Racing. I have a few details to iron out but should be good to go. My father inlaw was a mechanics I'll do the job with him...;-)

C

Hey there,

I haven't yet. Still rocking JB4 and a few minor mods (stock intake mods, 034 insert). Car is still under warranty.

From my research the cheapest option would be Rev9 catless DP (Ebay Canada) w/ magnaflow cat welded in. Comes out to 530$ CDN ~ without install. Theres also another DP on ebay (Mertop / Scorpion) for cheap. This one comes w/ a 200 cell cat but its 2.75 inch.
The problem is the quality and fitment of these may or may not be good.

Otherwise, CTS turbo catted DP or Ultimate Racing Catted are good options but more expensive. Both are Canadian companies. Expect to pay 680-700$ CDN ~ for the downpipe alone.

Still lurking around and might wait till next year to pull the trigger