GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI S or Sport W/ Manual Tranny Pricing In MA / Northeast

CBR2

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm looking to purchase an S w/ manual tranny or possibly a Sport w/ manual and am wondering what would be a good price in New England.

Let's define terms. I define price to be price paid for cash including freight ($820) and all dealer "documentation fees" (a nonsense item which is just a mark up) and all other costs levied by the dealer but excluding all fees and costs levied by the state such as title, registration and sales tax. So that we can compare apples to apples, it would also be helpful if posters would identify if their transaction benefited from any VW direct-to-customer incentives such as the $1k loyalty program and $500 recent college grad program. Please also identify whether dealer made you accept any "options" such as mats or roadside safety kit which had the effect of raising your price paid. Finally, if your transaction involved a trade, your pricing information is of no value whatsoever in aiding others as it is polluted by the economics of the trade. There is another thread here about pricing and it's all but useless as a guide to pricing given all the noise.

Based upon above definition, I'm thinking that a good price to pay for an GTI S w/ manual tranny would be $23k and a great price would be $22.5k or less. Again, that's would be including freight and doc fees but excluding tax, title and registration and excluding all direct-to-customer incentives. I'm thinking that an equivalently defined good price for the GTI Sport w/ manual would be around $25k.

What have you guys been able to do here in New England or Northeast on these two models?

tm978275

I know this might only be marginally helpful, but I see that you're in MA as well...I just bought a SE manual from Colonial VW in Medford, MA for $25,500...they had a 5k rebate and 1k VW loyalty. I know for a fact that they were moving S models (with manual) for around $21,900.

This was the pricing I was given this past Saturday (4/29)

Chowderhead72

Ready to race!
Personally I would go with either the SE or the S. If I had to do it again I would have gotten the SE.