Santiago tyre pressure

unido

Hi guys

Could someone let me know the recommended PSI for the 19in Santiago's on a GTD

They only give up to 18inch on the sticker inside my car

Thanks

mondo

Ready to race!
I would just inflate the same as the 18", remember that you're going up an inch on the rim and then a lower profile on the actual tyre. 2.5 Bar is VW's recommended unladen [no rear passengers/luggage] pressure, this should be more than ample

225/40 R18 92Y
225/35 R19 88Y

Obviously 88 load rating requires some increase in pressure compared to 92.
I don't know the exact value Volkswagen is recommending for 19", but I still
remember it's definitely higher.
I'd suggest, try between 2.6 and 2.8 bar (38 and 41 psi) on 225/35 R19 88Y.

unido

Thanks guys. I have just topped up to 38 psi, I will speak to my local garage to confirm what is recommended when I get chance.

mikef4uk

Ready to race!
Thanks guys. I have just topped up to 38 psi, I will speak to my local garage to confirm what is recommended when I get chance.

Just come across the same thing on my GTD with 19's fitted from std, there seems to be numerous pressures suggested, the car sticker says 36psi all round, the exact same wheels tyres on a GTI are 39 psi, someone posted a while back that his 2014 GTD (19's) said 39psi, a similar car to mine in the local VW dealer also said 36psi

At 36 psi the fronts look underinflated, they 'scrub' if pushed hard and my fuel consumption was disappointing at around mid 40's, which was 10 mpg down on my 2013 mk7 2.0 gt tdi

I tried the GTI pressures and the car feels more alive, doesn’t scrub front tyres and my fuel consumption jumped by close on 10 mpg.

It's more the fronts than the rears, 39 front and 37 rear for two people feels fine.

The only sensible explanation I can come up with for the varying pressures are maybe they suggest 36psi for cars without DCC? and 39 for cars with DCC?...........I have no proof of that though :)

For the first time in 6 months and 5000 miles every time I look at the mpg ''since start'' after a run its always in the 50's, try it:)