GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Motorsport JB1 MAP 6 - User Settings List and Discussion

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
You need engine and trans mount along with a insert. Insert is really only good for a real modest increase in power. Upgrade before you wheel hope your way into needing a new engine/suspension...

New engine? I mean honestly I'm not wheel hopping that much lol...in other words. Not flooring from stand still much.

Have not heard this warning about needing engine/trans mounts from anyone else on here.

I'm running jb4 on map 6 now.

PolarLights

Passed Driver's Ed
New engine? I mean honestly I'm not wheel hopping that much lol...in other words. Not flooring from stand still much.

Have not heard this warning about needing engine/trans mounts from anyone else on here.

I'm running jb4 on map 6 now.

Guess you have not actually read any of the zillion other threads on wheel hop... Oh well its your car. Do what you want.

RedStarRacer

Passed Driver's Ed
If say you don't if you won't track your car. Only two situations that I've ever had wheel hop. Too much spinning on a wet road......no biggie there just don't do it, also at the drag strip which was almost car breaking sort of bad even if the throttle was not put down till top of second. Never in a dry street road setting have I had wheel hop. Run contental DWS06's btw. Personally I prefer the softer oem mounts and it is my daily driver-family car lol

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Even when you floor it you shouldn't have wheel hop....the GTI was the first sports car I have owned that had horrible wheel hop straight off the assembly line....luckily the dogbone fixed it immediately with no size affects

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Side

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
No size effects? Damn..... :(
Here you go.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
Even when you floor it you shouldn't have wheel hop....the GTI was the first sports car I have owned that had horrible wheel hop straight off the assembly line....luckily the dogbone fixed it immediately with no size affects

I would say that's because of the FWD.

At any rate I tossed my (bent) 034 insert and installed a full HPA mount. It's amazing and the car has better traction. I can really bury the throttle in the rain and not get any slip.

Benelliot

What is the recommended map for JB4 93 octane, intake and downpipe? How does map 2 differ from the unmodified map 6?

sawthetha

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a JB1 on the way! My car is 6MT with a Borla Catback and 034Motorsports P34 intake on the way, too. I would love some advice about what Map 6 settings would be best for a balance of performance and clutch longevity with this setup. I would like to err on the side of caution to begin with. I've dug up a few settings in the forums regarding conservative maps, but I'd like to know if you guys had any suggestions for this specific setup.

Thanks!

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I have a JB1 on the way! My car is 6MT with a Borla Catback and 034Motorsports P34 intake on the way, too. I would love some advice about what Map 6 settings would be best for a balance of performance and clutch longevity with this setup. I would like to err on the side of caution to begin with. I've dug up a few settings in the forums regarding conservative maps, but I'd like to know if you guys had any suggestions for this specific setup.

Thanks!

Neither mod is going to allow you to run more boost than had the car been stock. Is it a JB1 or JB4?