GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

REV9 Intercooler

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Good job Yak. I had a feeling this intercooler would perform just fine but I was just worried about possible fitment issues. I'm glad this has worked out for you.

GLoBaLReBeL

Ready to race!
I will have to really think about going this route. I don't want to spend 500+ on a IC, and $340 is a do-able # in my opinion. If burger's IC is in the same range of performance I'll probably go this route to save the $$.

If possible, if you could do a normal day and get it to heatsoak (drive for a while, then sit at a stop for 30 seconds) and then start taking logs that would be great. It helps us to see how quickly the IC can drop its heat during normal driving conditions.

pieguy

Ready to race!
Is the magic intercooler the same as the rev9? Hope they're not two different models. I wonder if the rev9 can support is38 or bigger turbo requirements cause that would be seriously tempting...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Is the magic intercooler the same as the rev9? Hope they're not two different models. I wonder if the rev9 can support is38 or bigger turbo requirements cause that would be seriously tempting...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Same one.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
That's a good assumption. If I was a betting man, I would go all in that each big name company doesn't manufacture its own cast endtanks and subcontracts the intercoolers out of the Far East.

:)

Based on my conversation with a distributor when buying my IC, I can confirm that most of the big names are 100% made in China.

The materials, specs, and QC are exponentially more important than the country of origin.

Those will be the differences between the no-names and the big names...the only question is how good is good enough??

Personally I went Uni, but if the Rev 9 checks out after more testing that could be a great option.

I'm very happy with their downpipe (once welded into a 1 piece).

nate704

Go Kart Champion
Based on my conversation with a distributor when buying my IC, I can confirm that most of the big names are 100% made in China.

The materials, specs, and QC are exponentially more important than the country of origin.

Those will be the differences between the no-names and the big names...the only question is how good is good enough??

Personally I went Uni, but if the Rev 9 checks out after more testing that could be a great option.

So, I guess Wagner, IE, APR ICs are all made in China?

drrck

Go Kart Champion
I.E. Units are welded and tested in Utah from what I've seen on their website.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion

I'm assuming my Becker DP off eBay is chinese made, the welds are gorgeous and the metal is high quality stainless. Go figure. They really have stepped up their QC