GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

brake replacement/upgrade

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
just outta curiosity how easy it is to do the brakes on a gti as well as upgraded brakes for them...different rotors or pads or what...any suggestions are welcome

Just outta curiosity how easy it is to do use the forum search or just spend two minutes and browse the forum?

I appreciate your answer. ;)

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
im non PP so i was just curious as to whether just upgrading rotors and pads would be worth it or if id be better off upgrading the whole thing ie calipers and what not or just stick to factory stuff

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
You have given very little insight to fully answer the question.

It would help if you tell us what you're looking to achieve. A brake setup for a weekend only setup is quite different than something you may daily drive. The non-pp brakes are quite similar to the mk6 setups, and people have historically been able to squeeze performance out of them with a few things. Obviously, if your needs are track capable, then some of those previous threads mentioned would be a place to start.

AR11

Ready to race!
^^ Monkey can you please curate your list down to non-PP discussions only per OP's request?

soto

Passed Driver's Ed
i dont track my car but it is my daily but i do want something with better stopping power and what not

I'm in the same boat, but i want to try auto cross next summer so what would be good for both for us Non-PP guys. SS lines, pads + rotors go a long way