GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Volkswagen GTI / Golf MK7 General Topics > Ordering | Pricing | PR Material Discussions

Old Yesterday, 04:14 AM   #1242
MadMojoGTI

Drives: MK7 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantone View Post
Not my area of expertise, but I'd like some others to chime in here. This is $1000 from VW in the form of a check sent to you 6-8 weeks after purchase. It's quite blatant on their website. Not sure a dealer can or should include this rebate when you purchase a vehicle as this is directly from VW. There is a rebate form I believe. It's for ALL GTI's. Wondering if you can still try to get this? Since it's from VW it's not related to your purchase price I don't believe. Again I'd like someone with more knowledge to chime in. The VW website is specific about it's a check from VW. You got a good price. Another $1000 would be icing on the cake from VW. Sure can't hurt to try. I don't trust dealers who may discourage you from getting this $1000 directly from VW.

We need someone from VW to confirm. Anyone?
As part of my "closing" through financing on the car I signed a limited power of attorney and signed the VW paper to give it to the dealer. If you look at my actual purchase sheet it shows I paid like $24,320 + $799 destination charge + $699 dealer processing fee - $1000 VW cash back = $24,820. Those aren't the exact numbers but it's something like that. I will get the purchase sheet tomorrow and take a picture it makes more sense when you see it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
MadMojoGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:18 AM   #1243
MadMojoGTI

Drives: MK7 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamma View Post
Was there any student/military/partners discounts factored into this price?
None

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
MadMojoGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:57 AM   #1244
snobrdrdan

Drives: a VW
Send a message via AIM to snobrdrdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantone View Post
Not my area of expertise, but I'd like some others to chime in here. This is $1000 from VW in the form of a check sent to you 6-8 weeks after purchase. It's quite blatant on their website. Not sure a dealer can or should include this rebate when you purchase a vehicle as this is directly from VW. There is a rebate form I believe. It's for ALL GTI's. Wondering if you can still try to get this? Since it's from VW it's not related to your purchase price I don't believe. Again I'd like someone with more knowledge to chime in. The VW website is specific about it's a check from VW. You got a good price. Another $1000 would be icing on the cake from VW. Sure can't hurt to try. I don't trust dealers who may discourage you from getting this $1000 directly from VW.

We need someone from VW to confirm. Anyone?
NO

All "rebates" or "cash back" incentives work like that.... you sign something that says you're assigning it to the dealer (instead of you) and they apply it instantly to the deal instead of you waiting for a check back

But if you do want the $1k check, you obviously pay $1k more at the time (instead of it being applied instantly) and then you receive a check back later on.
Most people just apply it instantly though