GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

wantone

Ready to race!
They actually took the 1,000 "cash back" off the price, so my $24,820 price includes the 1,000.

Not my area of expertise, but I'd like some others to chime in here. This is $1000 from VW in the form of a check sent to you 6-8 weeks after purchase. It's quite blatant on their website. Not sure a dealer can or should include this rebate when you purchase a vehicle as this is directly from VW. There is a rebate form I believe. It's for ALL GTI's. Wondering if you can still try to get this? Since it's from VW it's not related to your purchase price I don't believe. Again I'd like someone with more knowledge to chime in. The VW website is specific about it's a check from VW. You got a good price. Another $1000 would be icing on the cake from VW. Sure can't hurt to try. I don't trust dealers who may discourage you from getting this $1000 directly from VW.

We need someone from VW to confirm. Anyone?

MadMojoGTI

Not my area of expertise, but I'd like some others to chime in here. This is $1000 from VW in the form of a check sent to you 6-8 weeks after purchase. It's quite blatant on their website. Not sure a dealer can or should include this rebate when you purchase a vehicle as this is directly from VW. There is a rebate form I believe. It's for ALL GTI's. Wondering if you can still try to get this? Since it's from VW it's not related to your purchase price I don't believe. Again I'd like someone with more knowledge to chime in. The VW website is specific about it's a check from VW. You got a good price. Another $1000 would be icing on the cake from VW. Sure can't hurt to try. I don't trust dealers who may discourage you from getting this $1000 directly from VW.

As part of my "closing" through financing on the car I signed a limited power of attorney and signed the VW paper to give it to the dealer. If you look at my actual purchase sheet it shows I paid like $24,320 + $799 destination charge + $699 dealer processing fee - $1000 VW cash back = $24,820. Those aren't the exact numbers but it's something like that. I will get the purchase sheet tomorrow and take a picture it makes more sense when you see it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

NO

All "rebates" or "cash back" incentives work like that.... you sign something that says you're assigning it to the dealer (instead of you) and they apply it instantly to the deal instead of you waiting for a check back

But if you do want the $1k check, you obviously pay $1k more at the time (instead of it being applied instantly) and then you receive a check back later on.
Most people just apply it instantly though

sixtyfour

Central Texas here...

I just brought home my 2017 GTI Sport w/DSG in Carbon Steel Gray. Included accessories were carpet mats, all weather mats, trunk liner/CarGo blocks, cargo net and roadside emergency kit. All I really wanted were the all weather mats and a MuddyBuddy trunk mat but oh well, I was excited.

Price was $24,571. $26,495.34 OTD after TTL and $195.65 dealer doc and inventory tax fees.

llamma

https://imgur.com/a/jyqWl

a lot of my emails are going something like this...

wantone

Ready to race!
NO

All "rebates" or "cash back" incentives work like that.... you sign something that says you're assigning it to the dealer (instead of you) and they apply it instantly to the deal instead of you waiting for a check back

But if you do want the $1k check, you obviously pay $1k more at the time (instead of it being applied instantly) and then you receive a check back later on.
Most people just apply it instantly though

Thanks for clarifying that! It's not in the fine print online about taking the $1000 instantly that I saw. Just mentioned the check. I figured too good to be true for him, but can't hurt to ask here.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Bought a 2017 GTI Sport DSG for $22921 + TTL on 9/21. MSRP was $30,270 and included the Monster Mats. Seemed like a deal too good to pass, how did I do?

That price on that car, in NorCal... That's the deal of the century my friend. you paid the going rate of a BASE model DSG for a Sport DSG. You got the lighting pack and performance pack and cooler wheels for free.