GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cobb Accessport Stage 3 question

Crud_muffin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e-Golf
Sorry about that. Many have had a good experience. I'd like to honorably mention Stratified Auto. It's an etune out of Canada 'A'. Had all my constant questions answered and met the advertised gains. Could have pushed further but I need more supporting mods (never ending, ha).

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
So I sent 5150 a message on facebook because they don't have a website and he told me to email him. I emailed him telling him I was curious about their tune and he took two days to respond and asked me my performance parts. I told him IE Intake, IE TMD and APR downpipe and he sends,

"Easy, paypal is #%#%*#*@gmail.com $200"

Didn't even go into explanation about the tune he was offering just expected me to send him $200. I told him his sales pitch is wrong if he intends on me sending him $200 through paypal without any info on it whatsoever. Has no website just a word of mouth recommendation.

He then says "good luck with a far slower car than any of mine"

Thanks but no thanks on 5150.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might wanna do some research, 5150 and Jon are pretty much the standard for cobb tuning for the mk7. Hopefully you didn't burn that bridge.

mattd502

Ready to race!
Might wanna do some research, 5150 and Jon are pretty much the standard for cobb tuning for the mk7. Hopefully you didn't burn that bridge.

For real, a lot of customers in any department really hold their head way higher than they should be. I don't have a 5150 tune but it's safe to say how good he is and he's not interested in someone telling him "that's not a very good sales pitch". A $200 pro tune sounds like a great deal to me especially coming from who's arguably the "best" pro tuner for our platform so far.

airjor13

Ready to race!
Sorry about that. Many have had a good experience. I'd like to honorably mention Stratified Auto. It's an etune out of Canada 'A'. Had all my constant questions answered and met the advertised gains. Could have pushed further but I need more supporting mods (never ending, ha).

I am in the process of doing a Stratified E tune with Andrea, haven't received the first revision yet but I look forward to it, they have a solid rep coming from the ST scene.

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
For real, a lot of customers in any department really hold their head way higher than they should be. I don't have a 5150 tune but it's safe to say how good he is and he's not interested in someone telling him "that's not a very good sales pitch". A $200 pro tune sounds like a great deal to me especially coming from who's arguably the "best" pro tuner for our platform so far.

Right and I understand that, but you don't just send:

"Easy,
PayPal is xxxxxx@gmail.com
$200"

You don't just send that to someone who you've only asked what parts are on their car. I messaged him because someone told me to go through him, I tried searching up 5150 online and no sites came up. I had zero knowledge about what their product offered and I would expect to hear from him or something along those lines in the process of my order. After searching online sure I can hear second hand what their tune offers but with no official website or him telling me with his word that seems unsettling.

I'm not discounting his product in the least, and that wasn't my intention. Quite obviously his product speaks for itself. But for a guy not racing or tracking my car, I've already found another route. Thanks you guys.

Last edited:

VWTURBOFAM

Ready to race!
Some questions related to custom tune. So at the moment, no speedlimiter\revlimiter\leftfootbraking\etc...available with the AP, when I get my custom tune.

Say, a month from now all those options become available, I would have to get another custom tune to incorporate those new AP options into my original custom tune?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

VWTURBOFAM

Ready to race!
Great Q's. Marauder, YOHB?
Yeah man, unfortunately those questions have been the only thing preventing me from getting a custom tune right now.

Because IF the answer is YES, that will be a whole bunch of Custom tuning requests/$$$$.

On a side note, I wonder if I can run my COBB OTS TUNES with the JB4....

airjor13

Ready to race!

Probably not a good idea

drrck

Go Kart Champion
Yeah man, unfortunately those questions have been the only thing preventing me from getting a custom tune right now.

Because IF the answer is YES, that will be a whole bunch of Custom tuning requests/$$$$.

I don't see any reason you couldn't do it with an OTS tune. You'd probably need to run meth for it to make sense though.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
I don't see any reason you couldn't do it with an OTS tune. You'd probably need to run meth for it to make sense though.

Unless you prefer to self tune, I don't see the point of stacking with Cobb AP. With Cobb, protuners can dial-in the tune to suit your given setup. No need to purchase a jb1/jb4 in order to make adjustments. You will have to pay a protuner though and as of now you can't self tune with Cobb.