GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

'15 GTI (Non PP) @ 35k - need new brakes?

Atty

Ready to race!
In the last few months my brakes have felt very different than they were before.

Stopping time, pedal feel, and bite all feel off. I'm thinking its time for new brakes but I'm unsure which direction to go. When I feel my rotors they are not smooth and have some grooves near the top of the rotor.

Should I just go OEM? I don't track it, live in an area of the world (FL) without many exciting roads. Would it be worth upgrading to something better aftermarket? Should I also do fluid at the same time?

Any info / advice on getting the brakes serviced area greatly appreciated!

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
If your rotors are grooved you can measure them and see if you can have them turned. Fluid may have absorbed water by now so you should bleed the brakes, and for pads it's really whatever fits your budget and needs. OEM pads work fine for regular driving.. Textar I think? EBC reds are a popular pad

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
My non-PP is at 47k (3+ years of ownership) and my rotors have been grooved for quite some time. I just ordered Stoptech slotted rotors and EBC red pads based on a few recommendations. Parts were about $330, and I plan to install them myself. Couldn't justify spending the same or more on OEM parts that will likely groove yet again.