GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS JB4 R specific thread

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I will lower the target boost value by 0.5 at 3500 rpm and see if it lower the afr slightly.
I don't think it's too high though.

Look what you are asking it to do down there:

http://datazap.me/u/nate704/log-1505340399?log=0&data=1-2-3

+12psi over stock at 3k? No way.

Try this and see if you can't get that lean spike to go away.

2000 15
2500 17
3000 19
3500 22
4000 24
4500 23
5000 21
5500 20
6000 19
6500 18
7000 17

kungfudill

Ready to race!
So- looking forward to getting a JB4. I was messing around in the garage, looking at the plug locations, and I unplugged one THEN realized my battery was still connected. Would this small little thing register as a possible TD1?

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Had a user attend a dyno day recently and got some dynojet results. Using map 6 with conservative boost he managed a 346whp and 350ft lb of torque. As you can see we push the torque pretty high up the rpm and not running the natural climb to high peaks. This seems to be working very well in terms of failure rates vs cars we have done.
Also interesting to note another JB4 car with less modes made only 10hp less on map 2 :eek:
Car runs:

VWR600 intake
BCS Catted Downpipe
VWR turbo inlet
TT inlet pipe
Wagner Cooler

rr1santos

Ready to race!
Had a user attend a dyno day recently and got some dynojet results. Using map 6 with conservative boost he managed a 346whp and 350ft lb of torque. As you can see we push the torque pretty high up the rpm and not running the natural climb to high peaks. This seems to be working very well in terms of failure rates vs cars we have done.
Also interesting to note another JB4 car with less modes made only 10hp less on map 2 :eek:
Car runs:

VWR600 intake
BCS Catted Downpipe
VWR turbo inlet
TT inlet pipe
Wagner Cooler

George that is awesome!! im going to need to put my car on the dyno soon

ah_long

Passed Driver's Ed

ah_long

Passed Driver's Ed
What gas are you running? Don't you get that sweet Petro 94 up there?

we do, but I go around a lot so I want to get a setup that can run 91 in case its not available to me. Once I get that dialed in, I would swap back to Petro 94 or Esso 93

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kungfudill

Ready to race!
Should have the JB4 installed in the next few days. I only ordered the Bluetooth-- will that be sufficient for logs?
Also, so when I'm ready to do a log, I basically just get everything set up and then just get on it through 3rd and 4th gear?