GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Diy rim overlay stickers

hakanpolat

Hi.

First, thanks for add.
I am from Cyprus...

Yesterday, i have started to prepare overlay sticker for my rims...

I have prepared an cutting template for my austin rims.

Draw outlines to the back of carbonfiber foil.

Cut the parts out. (This is the most time consuming process in the project. You have to be very careful for cutting the 20 exactly equal parts.)

I am planning to apply the overlays to the rims today....

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

VWTURBOFAM

Ready to race!
I think those would look better on a bigger rim. I actually bought OEM Austin rims used from a guy on forum in pristine condition for 500$ (All 4), and I was actually looking at those rim overlays, but actually buying them.

U did an awesome job though for a DYI.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
I think those would look better on a bigger rim. I actually bought OEM Austin rims used from a guy on forum in pristine condition for 500$ (All 4), and I was actually looking at those rim overlays, but actually buying them.

That's a good price. Then we get the bozos who are like "4 austins with curb rash, $1,200" lol

hakanpolat

Thanks... these rims were the only one -compatible- here in my country... you are lucky....

ryohei47

Ready to race!
There's a place on Etsy that sells 22 of these vinyls (20 + 2 spares) for under 30 dollars. I'm sure its much more accurate too and would have saved a lot of time cutting.

hakanpolat

There's a place on Etsy that sells 22 of these vinyls (20 + 2 spares) for under 30 dollars. I'm sure its much more accurate too and would have saved a lot of time cutting.
Yes, but it will not be a DIY project... I can call it as BIY. (Buy It Yourself) [emoji6][emoji6]