GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 turd vs Modded 535i, C7 Vette, All Motor Civic

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Had a relatively boring 45 minute highway drive on Friday night, which ended up becoming a pretty good time.

10 minutes in, i'm cruising a bit above the speed of traffic, and come up on a C7 Vette messing around with a newer 5-series. 5 Series had quad tips, debadged, but was not an M5. It was an AWD model and relatively quick, so i'm guessing a lightly modded 535i X-Drive.

I picked a fight with the 5-series first. We never got a clean run, but it was clear i had a few mph on him. The one opportunity we had to actually line up, he waved me off...based on the foreplay he knew he was going to lose by a couple of cars.

After that i ended up lining up with the Vette (C7 convertible with a manual) from a 60 roll. 3-honk start, nice clean run. He started in a very low gear, i would assume those cars are geared pretty tall so it was probably second gear. He pulled a half car on me but his shift was a little lazy (not terrible, but could have been quicker). Because of the shift i stopped his pull, but he rolled by me pretty well in 3rd gear...we didn't have a ton of room, so when we lifted at 125ish he had a couple of cars on me. Faster shift would have resulted in me losing by 3-4 cars instead of 2.

Regardless, i was happy with a 2 car loss against a 460hp car in a totally different class. Judging by the way he pulled through 3rd gear, i'd need 50whp more to make it a race. I make about 315whp SAE, and as expected, thats not enough to mess with Vettes.

Immediately after that i ran into a gutted civic hatch. VERY clean car, full suspension, racing seats, plate with speed holes for a rear bumper, relatively wide rubber up front, etc. We ran from a 60 roll, again with 3 honks to start. He must have been right in the meat of the power in 3rd gear, and i didn't brake boost, so he jumped out on me pretty damn well.

That little bastard put almost a car on me right off the hit...but unfortunately he just didn't have the horsepower. I came around him and had a couple cars on him when i lifted at 130ish. Still, from a dig i think he'd have me until the 1/8 mile. He would definitely hook better, and the kid was a driver.

It's been about a month since i've been able to get a run...then 3 in the same night. Definitely made the night for me!

Last edited:

rejectri

Ready to race!
the civic must of had some serious work done, I three hinked a gutted civic last night and walked immediately

Leave those vettes alone! =)