GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cobb stage 1 focus rs vs mk7 gti

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
The hype train of reviews are pretty deceiving since nothing in this thread I've seen mentioned else where :eek:

I don't know what you're reading but it's not hard to find accurate information or a time slip. A stock ford RS runs 13.4-13.6, dsg stock R run 12.9-13.2, a new or old stock Sti run 13.2-13.6, according to every and any mag that's ever tested them, a bone stock manual R has an inherent disadvantage, the oem software will not allow for a launch, doesn't matter how good a driver you are when the software is attempting to save the clutch/drivetrain in the oem tuning, the other manuals here, Sti, ford RS, oem stock don't do this, meaning you can launch them off the showroom floor, and a dsg equipped R for that matter.

Add bolt-ons, let's say intake, full exhaust and tuning to all of them and the dsg R is the easy drag race winner. No driver error, no boost dump on gear shifts, and lightning quick gear shifts. If the tons of YouTube vids aren't enough evidence for you, go look at the quickest stock turbo time slip threads on each respective forum and you'll easily see, or go to the drag strip and see, with your own eyes. Your typical ford RS owner wants no part of a "stage 1/stage 2" dsg R from a stoplight, unless they like watching the backend of the R getting smaller and smaller in their windshield.

Trancebolt

Ready to race!
Hes right, All fords numbers are with 93 octane, common in alot of states, but that always bugged me... As far as the overboost function, i am pretty sure they are right and its very difficult to predict when that will happen/force it to happen.

That Focus rS is a nice machine though! cant hate on it just because it isnt my flavor