GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Zmax no prep test n tune

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
In a 6MT, you want to get into 2nd on streets almost as fast as you can. :D There is no use for first unless you have slicks hahaha.

digilio86

Ready to race!
I shift at about 6,800 rpm. Short shifting would be harder on the clutch actually.

I'm capable of 2.0 60ft times as a driver, and can do them consistently (did it with junk all seasons in my mk6), but no prep is no prep...nobody was cutting 2.0s fwd.

I tried everything from traction control partially on and leaving easy to abs fuse pulled (zero drivers aid) and 3,500 rpm launch. No matter what it spun all the way to 6,000-6,300 rpm in second gear, which is freeway speed. This is no fault of the car or tires, just a cold slick track untouched in anyway.

I love the Indy 500 tires tho. Two weeks prior to this event I did Roll racing at Zmax during their Street Car Takeover event. Went 11.9 at 111mph starting after the starting line from about a 10mph roll. The car dead hooked every single time and never once flashed the TC light on the dash...difference was they fully prepped the track.

On the street and in the curves these tires really shine. 2nd gear pulls and 1+ G turns are precise and you can push much much harder than stock.

Good to hear about the firehawks! Mine just shipped in 255/40r17 size. Hopefully they fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N2fastcars

Ready to race!
Ah yes, definitely the tune if you are making peak power at around 5k-52k ish. I forgot that APR tapers that much up top.

I'm not convinced it's anything with the tune but more to do with how early the IS20 makes torque. When I shift early it goes right into peak torque. With such a light vehicle keeping it in between peak hp and peak torque netted me higher mph. I'm sure if someone has a dyno sheet with an IS38 car the sheet will look much different and there would be a big advantage in shifting at 6500.

After coming from a 3500 lb vehicle that makes peak torque at 4600 rpm and peak hp around 7000 rpm, this GTI is completely opposite.