GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help needed! Fastener clip fell into kick panel moulding

gopi_rm

Passed Driver's Ed
I have removed the kick panel on the passenger side to route the footwell lighting cable to rear.
While removing the metal moulding fastener clip did not come out with the panel trim.
So I tried to take out the fastener clip with a piler and somehow the clip fell inside the metallic moulding.
I refitted the panel trim back with a fastener from side trim.
Now while driving over uneven surfaces, the fastener clip is flying inside the moulding and making rattle noise.

Can you guys please suggest me on how to take out the clip from the moulding.

IMG_3260 copy.jpg

SM075180

Ready to race!
I have removed the kick panel on the passenger side to route the footwell lighting cable to rear.

While removing the metal moulding fastener clip did not come out with the panel trim.

So I tried to take out the fastener clip with a piler and somehow the clip fell inside the metallic moulding.

I refitted the panel trim back with a fastener from side trim.

Now while driving over uneven surfaces, the fastener clip is flying inside the moulding and making rattle noise.

Can you guys please suggest me on how to take out the clip from the moulding.

View attachment 17654

If the clip is magnetic (test on another one still in place?) perhaps instead of fishing down through the hole with a magnetic arm maybe you could find a magnet to drag the piece up from the outside of the panel? Like when we would all slide things around on a table with a magnet beneath it as kids except...sideways lol

Either that or turn the car upside down and shake it! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SM075180

Ready to race!
Secondary idea see attached. Use caution I'm no expert here.

Just throwing potentially stupid sh** at the fan at your expense.

Attachments

• IMG_3260 copy.jpg
    IMG_3260 copy.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 415

gopi_rm

Passed Driver's Ed
Secondary idea see attached. Use caution I'm no expert here.

Just throwing potentially stupid sh** at the fan at your expense.
Thanks for your idea. I even inserted my fingers inside the large hole but it is isolated (metallic separation inside the moulding) from the area where clip fell.

gopi_rm

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for your suggestions guys.
Went to a local mechanic and he suggested to drill a hole from inside and try to take the clip out.
Yesterday I tried to locate the clip using a thin metal wire and the clip got stuck somewhere it seems.
Then used a magnet from outside to catch the clip but no luck and refitted the trims back as it got late. After that I drove the car did not hear any rattle :thumbup:

Will wait until I hear the rattle again and won't do anything until then.
I do not know somehow I can't be relived and can't work the whole day even if such small things come up in my Golf! Love the car every bit.

SM075180

Ready to race!
Thanks for your idea. I even inserted my fingers inside the large hole but it is isolated (metallic separation inside the moulding) from the area where clip fell.

"That's what she said"

-Michael Scott

Lol bummer man. Hope you can figure it out or that it at least stays settled and doesn't rattle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk