GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 pearl white hood paint issue

Kinjoyce

Hi guys,
Recently I found out the hood of my 2015 GTI (Perla white) is having a slight discolouration underneath the paint surface. You can't tell if you don't concentrate on looking at it. It's like a series of faded spots or some kind of reaction inside the paint, I wonder if it's something to do with factory paint work or even it's been a common defect at some sort. Seriously anyone has similar issue like this. Please feel free to drop me some hints like how to get it fixed.

Really appreciated,
KL

SM075180

Ready to race!
Hi guys,
Recently I found out the hood of my 2015 GTI (Perla white) is having a slight discolouration underneath the paint surface. You can't tell if you don't concentrate on looking at it. It's like a series of faded spots or some kind of reaction inside the paint, I wonder if it's something to do with factory paint work or even it's been a common defect at some sort. Seriously anyone has similar issue like this. Please feel free to drop me some hints like how to get it fixed.

Really appreciated,
KL

Look anything similar to my issue with black paint? (circled in red?)

If so I think it's from pre dealer delivery respray from shipping? Rather than let the dealer send out to a paint shop I'd see if they can order in a new panel and install. Sure seems like a lot of effort until you let someone botch a respray and wish you hadn't let them touch it!

Just proceed with caution on paint. TALK to the paint shop before you just let the dealer "fix" something.

All the best!

Attachments

• IMG_0323.jpg
    IMG_0323.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 350