GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Infotainment, Electronics, Navigation, Phone (Audio / Video / Electronics)

Old 02-20-2017, 01:59 PM   #52
dchuee

Drives: 17 Alltrack SEL
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidk1175 View Post
My NAV hasn't worked in a month, took it to the dealer they told me I have to wait for new software. If I leave the SD card in the radio my car will search for maps for hours. Remove my SD and it works fine, just no NAV or associated functions. I called the VW customer service hotline and got the same BS story. They currently have no time line for the fix to the software, only thing they said is that it is a known issue and they are working on it.

So awesome they basically sold me a defective product. I have a 2017 Autobahn
that sounds about right...
dchuee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 07:45 PM   #53
dchuee

Supposed to bring car into dealer tomorrow for a data dump that will be analyzed and pass up the VW chain..
Old 02-20-2017, 11:56 PM   #54
KevinC

Drives: '16 Golf R, '05 ZHP Coupé
These new Delphi MIB2 units are pieces of crap. The TechniSat hardware in the '16 cars was basically bulletproof. I dunno if I buy this "software is the problem" claim by VW.

Reminds me of the incredible hassle I had with the factory head unit in my new '85 GTI back in the day. Volume knobs with little detents as you raise/lower the volume were a pretty new thing back then. Mine was defective - as you turned up the volume, it would crackle and the sound would come and go. Took it in for a replacement. Written up properly by the service writer, but car returned to me with "no problem found" excuse, which was super-common back then (if you think VW dealership service is bad now - it's absolutely spectacular compared to then). Went back again, showed the service manager exactly what was happening so that he would witness it and confirm that he saw/heard it. Pick up car, now the excuse was "you were demonstrating it inside, that was the radio station fading in/out causing the problem". Jesus. What idiots. Finally took it elsewhere and it was replaced without hassle by someone with their head positioned on their shoulders rather than up their A$$.

I hope you guys with issues with your '17's get some real resolution soon.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:53 PM   #55
Gadwood74

Drives: Golf Sportwagen Highline 2016
For those not covered by the warranty, I ordered a used one on ebay (100$) and had it installed/reprogramed at the dealer for another 100$. I had a defective Delphi, my new (used) one is a Technisat.
Gadwood74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:16 PM   #56
dchuee

I took my car in for the data dump...in addition to the dump, a VW remote tech advised the local tech to try various things (which they do without telling you unless you wonder into the garage which I did) to effect a reset and software mod...needless to say, it didn't work and was told that my unit will have to be replaced (and they are on back order)...meanwhile, I engage a 17 R owner and I asked why THAT car is here...yep, you guessed it...he said, he'll wait til they finish experimenting with fixes on cats like me...felt almost as bad for him, a $44K+ ride...to add insult to injury, when I got home, VWoA sent a letter that said in an effort to respond to customer's suggestions (don't they mean complaints), they have a software upgrade available free of charge until 12-31-2019...I bet it's the same upgrade I received last week that is now in need of an upgrade...other than that, the 17 Alltrack is like that for me!
Old Today, 06:13 PM   #57
KevinC

Drives: '16 Golf R, '05 ZHP Coupé
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadwood74 View Post
For those not covered by the warranty, I ordered a used one on ebay (100$) and had it installed/reprogramed at the dealer for another 100$. I had a defective Delphi, my new (used) one is a Technisat.
You scored an MIB2 unit for $100? That's awesome. They are 4 figures new.