GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Painting question

fm7

Ready to race!
I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this, so please move if not and my appologies.

Hello everyone,
I have just placed an order for the votex oem side skirts and front lip.
As ya'll know they come primed, they do not come already painted.
A fellow vortex member told me about www.automotivetouchup.com.
Has anyone used their aerosol basecoat paint? If yes, are you happy with the results? How much coverage did you get from a 12oz can? How many coats did it require?
Also, what clear coat did you use?
How about their regular pre mixed paint that requires a spray gun to apply it?
Thank you in advance for your help.

fm7

Ready to race!
Since the parts are in high impact areas I would have professionally painted.

Thanks for your reply. That was my initial taught exactly.
I did paint the front bumper of a Frontier using regular automotive spray can paint in the past. It held up nicely for the two years I've owned the truck. I will most likely get these parts done by a shop though. I figured I ask see if anyone has had any experience with their paint. Thanks again.

Moranatang

As a painter you never get a good finish without using the correct spraying equipment. firstly it needs to be in a booth as the paint is put on in heat and also limits the amount of dust in the paint which will get nibed. Also the spray finish differs depending on using rattle can to small touch up spray guns and standard gravity guns.Standard gravity guns with a 1.3m nozzle is what you want for base and laquer.

fm7

Ready to race!
As a painter you never get a good finish without using the correct spraying equipment. firstly it needs to be in a booth as the paint is put on in heat and also limits the amount of dust in the paint which will get nibed. Also the spray finish differs depending on using rattle can to small touch up spray guns and standard gravity guns.Standard gravity guns with a 1.3m nozzle is what you want for base and laquer.

Thank you for your professional opinion, I really appreciate it.
I am getting quotes now; they will get professionaly painted.

On a side note...I have built some cabinets for my garage and I am looking to buy an LVLP spray gun to paint them. I have professionally refinished many kitchens in the past but haven't done any such work in the past 6 years. Could you recommend a spray gun under $200 that could do the job? Tired of reading reviews, they are always 50/50, don't know who to believe anymore :D Thanks a bunch.