GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SABO's MK7

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
38. Shorty's Custom OEM Short Shifter Upgrades

Mod: ..- Buttery feel of OEM, plus a nice 20-30% throw reduction.

Please visit his build or his facebook page - Shorty's Shift Lever for more information.

Result:
Absolutely divine. As I experienced the stock shifter, then dieselgeek, this blends both perfectly. The shifts are crisp, short without being overly notchy. The engagement is quiet, but without the stock flex/too much play issue.

I don't know SK VeeDubR on a personal level, but his customization nails it. Highly recommend this.

Thanks for the kind words, glad you find it to your liking - I too was like you searching for the 'perfect' shifter for me and when I couldn't find it I decided to do it myself. I have made kits for several people now, definitely keeps my hands busy doing something productive!

i like consuming time, otherwise i eat and get fat or drink and become an alcoholic...:D

truth lol!

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
love sound deadening. Quite worth it for me doing only one door (which just had a lot of rattles for some reason) and the whole rear hatch minus the roof.

Significant decrease in noise from the back, and the added bonus of improved subwoofer performance. I will go on a limb to say it is NOT placebo effect, the effects of rattling are gone and you can verify when you close that hatch lid nice and firm and hear a satisfying thump instead of a ker-chiper-kink!

It should also be known that there are things that can be done to better insulate the underbody... i added some extra material between my heatshields and the underbody to decrease some of that rattle, while working on isolating my fuel lines.

sabo

Ready to race!
love sound deadening. Quite worth it for me doing only one door (which just had a lot of rattles for some reason) and the whole rear hatch minus the roof.

Significant decrease in noise from the back, and the added bonus of improved subwoofer performance. I will go on a limb to say it is NOT placebo effect, the effects of rattling are gone and you can verify when you close that hatch lid nice and firm and hear a satisfying thump instead of a ker-chiper-kink!

It should also be known that there are things that can be done to better insulate the underbody... i added some extra material between my heatshields and the underbody to decrease some of that rattle, while working on isolating my fuel lines.

what material did you add on underside? any pics?

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Sabo, I'm going today to pick up soundskins pro. I really appreciate you being so thorough in your posting about this product, like Quebster was as well. I also found that you outlining how many tubes you used is going to be great and keep me from spending money I don't need to.

I don't plan to do some of the areas you did. Just my trunk, hatch and 4 doors.

Out of curiosity, what roller are you using for the application process?

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
i just woke up from winter hibernation....what did i miss?

I was wondering where you have been.

What have I missed?

They released a special edition USA version Clubsport Z that has 350HP.
Unique racing seats with CF backing.
Bridgestone RE-71 racing tires.
All LED lights with special red engine bay lighting.
Comes with 10 year 100,000 mile warranty and a factory tune.

Forgot the best part.
You know the cubby in front of the shifter?
They now have a red LED bulb in it that comes on when you open it.
Leave it to VW to think of that. Smart of them.

Other than that, not much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

sabo

Ready to race!

What have I missed?

Forgot the best part.

i must still be dreaming

been waiting for that cubby light for years...how ever did they think of that?

MikeB

Passed Driver's Ed
16. Front Door LED Warning Lights

Up until now, I've mostly finished off cosmetic mods, outside of the Euro tail install. So, my confidence was growing. I really wanted to tackle something requiring some removal of something, something mechanical, electrical, whatever. Something with some risk. I came across member golfdave's posts on door warning lights. Now this is it! Let's do it. I completed the 2 front doors only. Rear doors a little trickier and less worthy IMO.

I have already posted my DIY around the forum. It even got picked up by Deautoled as their link for installing their led warning lights. AWESOME!

Cost: $40-60 depending on light type selection

Advice: Consider doing the power folding mirror mod at the same time as you need to remove door panels and probably best to do this only once. Also, my model and year had the ambient lighting already in the door (no coding required), however if your make is without ambient lighting, then coding is required to work (I'm searching for a thread and will post)

Options: LED color options are available for Red/White (mine), White/White, Red/Red

DIY Guide DropBox Link (you don't need an account, just skip to view or direct download on mobile device):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n5g03l496...ning Lights Install - Golf R '16 MK7.pdf?dl=0

Deautoled.com link
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=262353&postcount=11

Definitely my most challenging and rewarding mod to date!:cool:

Can you order these red glasses also in clear? if so, where?

ChrisTSI

Ready to race!

What have I missed?

Forgot the best part.

Other than that, not much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

i tried googling this club sport z couldn't find anything were u just kidding?