GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Slammed MK7 Thread

njpowers

Miro 111 on VW 2017 Golf TSI

I bought a 2017 VW Golf TSI 1.8L (yes, a non GTI!) end of last year and wanted to get some new wheels on it. I spent a lot of time researching new wheels for the car and it is a nightmare finding the right wheel. Sharing my experience so it will help the next guy since this forum helped me tremendously.

I looked at TSW Nuringburgs and VMR V710s which people had good things to say about, but decided on the black Miro 111s. I actually liked the V710s but they were on backorder for 3 months, and I am not patient enough :p. I decided to go with the 18x8.5 +45 5x112. Bought them online at ECS and shipped in a few days (I am in Orange County, CA), free shipping through ECS for shipping in the US! Decided to go with the Sumitomo P/S HTR P02 225/40/18. Bought these on SImpleTire.com which cost around $15 a tire, only took a few days to arrive.

Took the wheels and tires to an American Tire Depot to have them installed, which ran me at $60 ($15/tire). After installing they said I needed an alignment. I have heard you don’t need alignment when you install new wheels as long as you don’t change the suspension, but they insisted I did (even though the car only have 3k miles on it!), so another $90 for alignment ($150 total for installment).

A few things to note about the miro 111s:
- The current vw caps from my current car were too small so I bought the the vw emblem stickers on eBay 65mm to put over them(well see how long they last)
- The lug nut caps that cover the bolts from my old wheels don’t fit in the Miros so need to find a solution for them.

Overall ran me at $1450 for everything (wheels, tires, shipping, installation, and alignment) plus can probably sell my old wheels for around $500.

Hope you guys like it and it helps the next person!

Next, I am thinking of dropping it an inch or so, need to save up a little before that happens :)

Attachments

• IMG_4407.JPG
    IMG_4407.JPG
    390.7 KB · Views: 3,453
  • IMG_4408.JPG
    IMG_4408.JPG
    482.6 KB · Views: 3,525
  • IMG_4409.JPG
    IMG_4409.JPG
    587.6 KB · Views: 3,451

carbongmk7

Ready to race!
This isnt the wheels thread dude, you posted a pickup truck on a slammed thread

Lmfao!

Also my bitch.

Bc extreme drop coilovers 14k fronts 12k rears with alittle bit of threads left.

More pictures to come later sorry for the shitty phone picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carbongmk7

Ready to race!
Mmmmmmm high quality pictures.

dparkford

Still not "slammed" but never posted with the wheels.

Need to lower the rear a big and add spacers, debating between 10, 12 and 15mm for the rear. Currently 18x8.5 +45 225/40 - Suggestions?

SLOWR

Ready to race!
Still not "slammed" but never posted with the wheels.

Need to lower the rear a big and add spacers, debating between 10, 12 and 15mm for the rear. Currently 18x8.5 +45 225/40 - Suggestions?

If you plan on lowering the rear a bit I would go with a 10mm spacer just to be on the safe side to avoid rubbing.

carbongmk7

Ready to race!
That color combo looks good.