GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WOLF Mk7 GTI vs Nissan GTR

Mk7R Estate

Ready to race!
WOLF is a really cool guy to be honest, you guys are just upset that he doesn't want to post mods. If you really wanted to know his mods, just watch some of his videos, go through some of his old post. Or simply PM him. He doesn't bite, he just shares videos of the car we all have, and shows us what they are capable of.

For me myself, Im more interested in what goal he has. As it is now he has a IS20 as a restriction. And as I guess quite over the limit for it. But for the next step when he is putting on a bigger turbo, wheres the limit then? Then he has passed a natural limit and is out on the big ocean where there are high powered cars. And as I see it the comparison and the "surprise" for other more exotic cars out there is over. And to take this std GTR as a comparison, he has to take down 1000+hp GTRs to make it as impressive as it is now. Even though he manage to get 6-700hp from that engine, theres no way to get the grip for it. Then theres the 4wd alternative, but then he has to take down some German and English Golfs with at least 12-1300 hp.
But now Im talking about serious races, not those at the streets in the dark against what ever cars. That will be even more important as theres no grip at all on the streets..
Will be interesting though...

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
I love his posts, his car runs great, but I don't get what the big deal is with going to a track. Street nights are always available for everyone. The one time he did run, there were excuses of only 93 and bad tires. Why do it then? Most race tracks have high octane available. Your car is fast. Just get some tires and good gas and go make some passes. Tires are not that much money compared to everything else you have done. Do this and you will then prove what you have. Hard to argue with posting a timeslip.

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
Argue what lol. The dude trapped pretty much 118 on an is20 bro. There shouldnt be much doubt that hed touch or come stupid close to 120mph on 100 octane and good tires. Imho he proved himself by far the fastest is20....and by a good margin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ashiun

Ready to race!
It's actually mindblowing how much disdain there is for WOLF there is on this forum, with him proving time and time again...

Sure it may be an early GTR, sure the driver wasn't the greatest... but it's still a GTR nonetheless.

Stevo_CT

Ready to race!
The car is undeniably fast. As a casual browser, I do enjoy the vids that Wolf and others post of their thrills and spills.

There will always be something faster, but it is evident that the GTI is a solid car capable of serious performance.

WOLF

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
I love his posts, his car runs great, but I don't get what the big deal is with going to a track. Street nights are always available for everyone. The one time he did run, there were excuses of only 93 and bad tires. Why do it then? Most race tracks have high octane available. Your car is fast. Just get some tires and good gas and go make some passes. Tires are not that much money compared to everything else you have done. Do this and you will then prove what you have. Hard to argue with posting a timeslip.

1/4 mile track is sadly 300 miles away and the one thats only a 200 mile roundtrip, is not open.
93 octane file at the time available only.
Ran a 96.1 MPH pass on 100 oct+E85 on Nortstar Dragway.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
1/4 mile track is sadly 300 miles away and the one thats only a 200 mile roundtrip, is not open.
93 octane file at the time available only.
Ran a 96.1 MPH pass on 100 oct+E85 on Nortstar Dragway.

Didn't realize your were so far away. Not knocking your car, just that if you ran down the track a few times with the right tune and tires, you would shut a bunch of people up. Figured it would be an easy thing to do

wlfpck

Ready to race!
Why not plastidip the whole car? I know you said you were saving money which is why the bumper hasn't been painted... but you can dip the whole car for about $300? Or something around there? At least then the car would be 1 color.

When you swap out the IS20, what tune are you going to go with? Cobb AP? You said you owned a shop right? May not be a bad idea to get the software so that you can do your own protunes.

Unless you have something planned already?

Bluegolf1

Passed Driver's Ed
Why not plastidip the whole car? I know you said you were saving money which is why the bumper hasn't been painted... but you can dip the whole car for about $300? Or something around there? At least then the car would be 1 color.

When you swap out the IS20, what tune are you going to go with? Cobb AP? You said you owned a shop right? May not be a bad idea to get the software so that you can do your own protunes.

Unless you have something planned already?

Rumor here in the local VW/Audi community has it hes going completely stock IS38 paired with direct port injection and a dyno tuned E85 file through either Maestro or UM and a NX wet system.

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
Rumor here in the local VW/Audi community has it hes going completely stock IS38 paired with direct port injection and a dyno tuned E85 file through either Maestro or UM and a NX wet system.

I hope so. I had wanted to run nitrous on my GTI when I had it, would be cool to see someone do it.