GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fitting external reversing lights to Golf 7

Sbuddz

Hi all!

First thing first
I have a 2016 Golf 7 SC with factory fitted trailer hitch and R-Line.
I´m just now fitting 2 external reversinglights wich will be flushmounted inside the "diffusor".

No problems with how to fit them to the car itselves, the problem starts with the electrics.
I want to connect the 2 external lights via a relay ( just to be safe ) so I need a signal from the original reversinglights and I was thinking, what better way to find that signal then on the cable for the trailer hitch.
It´s just that I dont get any signal at all when no trailer is attached. 0V in all 13 pins for the trailer.

I need your help with this.
The trailer hitch modul is 5Q0 907 383H
Is it possible to code it via VCDS so that I can get the reverselight signal even with no trailer attached?
Does anyone have a pinout diagram for this trailer module?
I do not know what colour the cable for reverselight have.

Soory for any bad spelling ( I´m swedish )

/ John

mickR

Ready to race!
Sorry can't help with your question but I think standard reversing lights on MK7 are very poor, I have MK7 R (on second one). Once fitted could you post photos of the lights please, as I am interested in the discreet fitting you describe. Good luck and hope your question is answered. You could try asking on VWROC (UK R forum).

I cant post any photos here because I dont have any of the fancy online storage things for photos etc
John, use a photo editor of your choice first, then use this and lastly copy and past the link:

CLICK

It's simple and free of advertising.

;)