GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CarPlay gets updates with Apple iOS 10.3

kkingma

Ready to race!
https://www.macrumors.com/2017/02/13/ios-10-3-carplay-update

In the left-aligned dock on the CarPlay screen users will now see three recently used apps, so it's always easy to just tap one and jump directly back into Music, Messages, Maps, or any of CarPlay's other apps. Prior to iOS 10.3, the CarPlay dock had just one app at a time in this area.

Sherifftruman

Ready to race!
Any chance it fixes and updates the Spotify app? I still use it, but I would sure like it to be something more in sync with the actual app and to, you know, actually turn on and work when I want it to without having to start it from the phone first half the time.

_baz

Ready to race!
Any chance it fixes and updates the Spotify app? I still use it, but I would sure like it to be something more in sync with the actual app and to, you know, actually turn on and work when I want it to without having to start it from the phone first half the time.

I have the same issue ! It works maybe 10% of the time but mostly I have to restart the unit and use the phone to play any music

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kkingma

Ready to race!
I've been having problems with the nav voice speaking, which would cause my music to stop playing. Super annoying... pressing play after every direction que...[emoji849]

So I started Googling and found the article above. I hope it resolves the bugginess. I don't know when 10.3 is supposed to be released though...

Golpher1

Ready to race!
Hallelujah!

Yeah about time!

Noticed Apple Music & Spotify can't be on the App-switch list at the same time.....I've since discovered that it's not simply the last three apps used, but the last three of each type of Navigation, Communication & Entertainment App.

So, one of Apple Music, Spotify, Podcasts or TuneIn Radio/one of Messages or Phone/Apple Maps.

Anyway, I was so happy I made a vid :D
https://vimeo.com/210398845

Last edited:

lucyfek

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI & GSW
I've noticed this myself when took mine for a spin (after driving my old car for couple last days). Good thing has got better (in addition to recovering sizable amount of storage that was MIA).