GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTD Seats

Gordon F

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone had problems with these? (the tartan ones :))
We've had the car about a month now and are loving it, but my wife is getting back pain through poor lumbar support in the seats, even though the setting is on full. We had a 1.6tdi Match before and have previously had many cars including a Seat Leon 170 tdi and a mk4 Golf Tdi 130 estate and never had any issues with any of these.
I've written to VW about it to see if other people have had the same issue and to see if there is a fix for it, the current solution being a rather unsightly back support cushion :(

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!
From what I have heard a small number of people have had problems with there seats i.e.: back ache. Maybe they just need breaking in a little. Or worst ways buy seats from a match of eBay and swap them out. Hopefully they just need breaking in

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
My previous car (BMW X6) you could drive all day without pain but the GTI is not as comfortable by far. A couple of hours at most before arse ache sets in.

I will be getting some spacers under the front of the seat rail to raise the front up a bit as I think that is part of the problem.

Gordon F

Passed Driver's Ed
Sent an online enquiry form to VW about this on the 27th Jan and got an automated response saying they would endeavour to respond to my query within 2 working days.
No reply so far which is irritating, so another request filed yesterday.

Gordon F

Passed Driver's Ed
VW got in contact after the second request and asked me to take the car into a local dealer. Went in yesterday and they are ordering new lumbar supports for both front seats which they will fit when in stock. They also washed and hoovered the car for me, so pleased with the response from VW so far.