GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New member 2.0 GT TDI

stupot67

Hello all - newbie here. Just got white 2.0 TDI GT MK7 with DSG. Very happy with it after first week compared to previous 1.6 TDI Match.

Have done couple of small mods already - GT badge in grill and chrome exhaust pipe covers but was wondering which is best out of these two (I am thinking both might be overkill so thought would just choose one):

1. Roof wrap in black gloss.
2. Black wheels (it has silver 17" dijons on it). Either powder coat current ones (£200) or px/sell them and buy some new ones.

Thoughts much welcomed.

Fab forum btw.

Thanks.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Black wheels and roof would look good, personally if I was doing one or the other I'd choose the roof.

Congrats on the car and welcome to the forum

BAZ3713

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi there, sorry to interrupt stupot67 could you possibly post some pics of your GT badge and chrome exhaust covers, I have a black 2.0 GT tdi and looking for some mods. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Run it on super unleaded...you'll notice a difference after 3 full tanks....

One of the best combinations, nice lightweight nose for sharp handling...& won't get wallet bashed in new future road taxes...

vwman

Go Kart Champion
Run it on super unleaded...you'll notice a difference after 3 full tanks....

One of the best combinations, nice lightweight nose for sharp handling...& won't get wallet bashed in new future road taxes...

As its the 2.0 TDI I hope stupot would not be putting 'super unleaded' in it.

Premium diesel, when available, is expensive and from my experience is not worth the financial hit on a tankful for any perceived gains.

I've had seven new VW TDIs including the GT 2.0 TDI DSG which is a good all round handling car which I'm sure you will be pleased with.

Personal preference I know but I would just do the roof and leave the wheels if you do either mods.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
As its the 2.0 TDI I hope stupot would not be putting 'super unleaded' in it.

Premium diesel, when available, is expensive and from my experience is not worth the financial hit on a tankful for any perceived gains.

I've had seven new VW TDIs including the GT 2.0 TDI DSG which is a good all round handling car which I'm sure you will be pleased with.

Personal preference I know but I would just do the roof and leave the wheels if you do either mods.

Forum is messing my posts around...I posted this in the other thread "150ACT GT thread & it moved it to here....:confused:

stupot67

Gt badge picture

For Baz - picture of GT badge. Bit dirty but you get the idea

Attachments

• GT badge.JPG
    GT badge.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 384