GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New GTD Owner!

HMP26

Hi All,

Going to collect my 2014 VW Golf GTD in Carbon Grey - 5 Door tonight. I am upgrading from a MK6 Golf TDI 2.0L - 110 bhp.

Its got Discover Pro Sat Nav with mirror pack I believe. I am looking forward to seeing what else the car has to offer!

Cheers!

Gordon F

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi
Hope everything went smoothly and you are out there enjoying your new car.
They do look nice in Carbon Grey.

marvin1

Ready to race!
Cheers Gordon! It really is a lovely car. Just getting used to the electronic parking break now.

Nothing to get used to, surely! l took to mine within minutes of collecting my new car last July. The only problem is driving other cars with the cable operated/lever ones now.
The other problem, long term, is if or when the system gives problems and then we're in for some expense with these fancy electronic brake systems.

alanesmith

I also upgraded from my 6 to 7 gtd

Totally differ car. Variable Steering great too

So many settings in sat pro. Inc google earth

Mpg not as good as previous car tho. Although VW claim higher mileage

Is yours similar?

marvin1

Ready to race!
I also upgraded from my 6 to 7 gtd

Totally differ car. Variable Steering great too

So many settings in sat pro. Inc google earth

Mpg not as good as previous car tho. Although VW claim higher mileage

Is yours similar?

Well, if I believed my computer's mpg figure, then many journeys would be done at over 50mgg but my calculations indicate an over read by up to 10%. When I refuel with petrol, until pump clicks off and I work out the mph based on distanced covered, then it is always lower mpg than the onboard stats indicate.

GTD2016

I've got a carbon grey 5 door GTD, had it since April last year, bought it brand new. I've found the MPG to be quite a bit lower than expected, almost wish I'd just gone for the GTi as I don't think there's a massive MPG difference in reality.

I love the carbon grey colour when the car is clean, really come s up well, also got the discover pro Nav, but the best option I chose was Dynaudio, really impressed with how it sounds.

HMP26

Thanks all. I am getting similar MPG to my MK6 at the moment around 52 mpg. Going to give it a good run out this weekend so I will see if it changes much.

Getting used to the electronic handbrake now and starting to like it, not really used auto hold much, but I am sure to get used to that too.

marvin1

Ready to race!
Thanks all. I am getting similar MPG to my MK6 at the moment around 52 mpg. Going to give it a good run out this weekend so I will see if it changes much.

Getting used to the electronic handbrake now and starting to like it, not really used auto hold much, but I am sure to get used to that too.

BiB. What's to get used to? :) Car just comes to a stop either on flat or incline or whatever and car stays put without any input from the driver, providing you've come to a stop with the foot brake, in which case the car won't move again until you pull away, in my case by releasing the clutch and accelerating away.
I never have to touch anything on the centre console related to the electronic handbrake/Autohold (other than making sure the latter is 'ON'. Everything there is applied automatically, upon turning off engine or opening door when parked etc. In that case the Green Autohold light on the instrument panel is replaced by a Red Handbrake light.