GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just joined with a GTD

jb1683

Hi all,

Just joined after owning my GTD since August last year.

Just about covered 7k miles in it since- very happy with it. Intended to buy brand new from order, but the dealer had one in stock that ticked (most of) the boxes.

Spec: Santiagos / Parking pack / Tech pack / Discovery Pro nav with Dynaudio in Carbon Grey.

Previous car was a Benz C250CDI. Loved that, but wanted an auto and something a bit more youthful :p .

First Vee-Dub, I am impressed so far. MPG averaging 43, slightly lower than the Benz but good considering!

Not the best picture below- the only one I've managed to get so far...

surrealjam

Ready to race!
How are you finding the ride on 19" wheels? I assume you didn't have DCC as it's not listed...

I've never been in a GTD and I am intrigued as to how much different the ride is between the GTD and GTI...

jb1683

Thanks Mikeyd!

Hi Surrealjam- Correct, no DCC.

I find the ride perfectly fine. I think it does ride slightly softer than the GTI and I was concerned it would be harsh, but it really isn't at all.

Donscarlet

Hi, how do you find the GTD without DCC?I am about to order a GTD DSG any thoughts or comments would be welcome,do you find the ride harsh without DCC? in hindsight would you have gone for the DCC?

vwman

Go Kart Champion
Welcome.
Carbon grey suits the car so well its a pity they have now dropped the colour.

jb1683

Hi Donscarlet- I find the ride perfectly acceptable, even though I came from a rafty wafty Benz. I've never been in a golf with DCC, so would be interested to see the difference!

Thank you vwman, I liked it too. Shame it has been dropped, I never knew that- clearly I was lucky!