GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

gti vs 350z

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
so ran into a 350z the other day that wanted to play...first pull which was second at 40 smoked him...the second time he wanted to run again my car acted up...it hiccupped twice in both 2nd and 3rd gear...which we were dead even the entire time until he almost ran me off the road...anyone have a clue as to why my car did that...no CEL or anything but normally cuts out in 2nd once in awhile on a hard pull...im thinking plugs but not sure

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
could possibly have been the traction control acting up which kind of feels like a misfire. Wouldn't want to just write it off as that just in case something is wrong. Are you tuned? Most tunes run rich but you could have been starving for fuel. Low on gas? Possible gas sump issue as well

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
could possibly have been the traction control acting up which kind of feels like a misfire. Wouldn't want to just write it off as that just in case something is wrong. Are you tuned? Most tunes run rich but you could have been starving for fuel. Low on gas? Possible gas sump issue as well

uni stage 2 and half a tank of gas...does it with any amount of gas...im thinking that stupid torque thing with the vcds i want to turn it off but idk if itll solve it...i know my plugs could probably be used a changing considering ive been turned for 7k miles

ryanbmk6

Ready to race!
uni stage 2 and half a tank of gas...does it with any amount of gas...im thinking that stupid torque thing with the vcds i want to turn it off but idk if itll solve it...i know my plugs could probably be used a changing considering ive been turned for 7k miles

Are you on stock plugs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Porschetech1

Passed Driver's Ed
How about intercooler possible you got it hot and was unable to cool the air car will shut down the power if the air is to hot. Doesn't take much to over heat the stock intercooler.

ryanbmk6

Ready to race!
yeah stock plugs

100% your plugs. I'm a mk6 guy so I don't know exactly what plugs you need but if you're stage 2 then you for sure are going to need to upgrade to plugs 1 step colder at least. You guys gain damn near 90hp from a tune so those stock plugs are gunna give up quick. Also you're going to want to look into r8 cool packs. Stock coil pack won't last long either.

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
100% your plugs. I'm a mk6 guy so I don't know exactly what plugs you need but if you're stage 2 then you for sure are going to need to upgrade to plugs 1 step colder at least. You guys gain damn near 90hp from a tune so those stock plugs are gunna give up quick. Also you're going to want to look into r8 cool packs. Stock coil pack won't last long either.

i was going to go with rs7 plugs ill have to look into coil packs as well

ryanbmk6

Ready to race!
i was going to go with rs7 plugs ill have to look into coil packs as well

Yeah start with the plugs and if the problem continues then look at plugs. If you have vagcom then you can use that to trouble shoot and figure out if it's a cool pack by moving them around.

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah start with the plugs and if the problem continues then look at plugs. If you have vagcom then you can use that to trouble shoot and figure out if it's a cool pack by moving them around.

ill have to see if i can use a friend of mines from our local vw dealer...id like to data log and see what pops up as well

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion

Seeing as you're a mk6 guy, it will help you to know the r8 coil packs don't work on the mk7 vehicles. Mk7 GTI uses same coils as Golf R, TT, TTRS, etc on this platform. No retrofit necessary. Tuned vehicles have seen improvements with the rs7 plugs.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Yep, it sounds like it may be plugs as others have said. RS7 plugs work well and don't (can't) need to be gapped.

redlined0517

Passed Driver's Ed
I just ran one yesterday (mods in sig) not even a close race. It was a 350 with wheels and exhaust and IDK what else, sounded good and healthy. 65-70 roll first on the hwy and it was a steady pull away. We got one slower roll at 45ish and it was even worse. I was spinning bad too with my winters on but it didn't matter. Easy kill.