GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any MK7 meets in Queens/LI?

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
One thing that I used to do was have some great runs around the Bear Mountain area when I had my MINI, some great roads around there, I'm too old for Mexico runs but Im up for meets or civilize runs :)

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
Sorry for being out of the loop, but what's a "Mexico Run"?'

One thing that I used to do was have some great runs around the Bear Mountain area when I had my MINI, some great roads around there

And outside of the run up the mountain, what other roads do you recommend by Bear Mountain?

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Sorry for being out of the loop, but what's a "Mexico Run"?'

And outside of the run up the mountain, what other roads do you recommend by Bear Mountain?

Every one that races on public road seem to mention that they were racing in Mexico lol, maybe not to incriminate themselves . I'm not sure if you remember that guy that posted on YouTube racing on the outer loop of Manhattan and posting the video, he was actually charged even though there were no cops chasing him.

Anywho, there a few super fun roads in the are, near the West Point military academy and the seven lakes area, unfortunately they close those up during the winter because of how dangerous they get, I went just before the closed them for the season begin of December and it was a blast because you have no cyclists around, you still need to be careful because the Park police use radar and they are bored so. There still some fun roads open

I'll see if I can organize a run comes spring.
The MINI cooper runs were organized by a cool girl that new the are very well and they get together for a nice run in the spring due to low volume of cars , cyclists etc, at one point we had around 40 + cars, it was fun
The MINI community is excellent when it comes to runs like that. The same girl does put together other runs in Manhattan etc.
I would like to see something like this in the MK7 community besides the slam to the ground scene ( not Judging)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

iag48st

Ready to race!
There's a couple of us in queens and Brooklyn from the mk7 tristate facebook group.
I'm in Woodside Queens btw.

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
I think someone is planning a Bear Mountain MK7 run on the book of faces
"
Date: Sunday April 30th (Rain Date May 7)
Time: 11:00am
Place Beat(Bear) Mountain Picnic and Parking area
It will be a $10 fee per car for parking since he filled out a permit for us to be there that day. Not really sure when we pay but I'm sure Greg will take care of that all
"

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I think someone is planning a Bear Mountain MK7 run on the book of faces
"
Date: Sunday April 30th (Rain Date May 7)
Time: 11:00am
Place Beat(Bear) Mountain Picnic and Parking area
It will be a $10 fee per car for parking since he filled out a permit for us to be there that day. Not really sure when we pay but I'm sure Greg will take care of that all
"

cool, that sounds awesome, I guess I'll need to join the Book of faces. not a fan to be honest

themyst

Ready to race!
Damn I forgot all about this thread. I wish this forum had notifications :(

Anyway, I requested an add on the FB page and I work in Melville, so I'm always around that area! Would love to have a small gathering even if the road trip to mexico doesn't happen :)

bennybmn

Ready to race!
I used to work in Melville right across from the Marriott. Check out Sweet Hollow road right near there, and Snake Hill road up in Cold Spring Harbor. Always a good lunch break smile maker :)

bennybmn

Ready to race!
I'm in Centereach. Nissequogue river road is pretty gnarly even though it's about a quarter mile long :cool:

I've never driven that... My wife works right near there, I'll have to meet her for lunch or something sometime! I work in C.I. near the courthouse. No fun roads around here....