GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First drive review: Golf GTI MK7 (by Topcar)

gtiw7

Ready to race!
it's nice to see reviews coming out! but still I can't wait to watch rather than read a review :p
There's a mistake up there saying the performance package will have 17-inches front brakes :eek: I don't think that's possible :rolleyes:

merog1

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice review
"17-inches front brakes" means that 17-inches front wheels are the smallest you can put on it while still clear the calipers.

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
Man I cant wait to get my GTI, ESP and ABS kicking in more aggressively is a bummer. I hope that got fixed from "zero series" to production. But oh well, I think i can live with it even like that.

and that rear shot is AMAZING :D

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
I paged through this magazine in Barnes & Nobel.

I've got to say, that now that I'm seeing real world images of the car out in the wild - it's looking better and better.

Car(s)
Subaru
it says integrated exhaust manifold with the head :mad:

id like to see how different turbos attach then. or was it meaning integrated manifold with the turbo :confused:

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I still remain skeptical of the EU vs. NA applications.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
No doubt that its a nice car and certainly a better upgrade, but actually SEEING the differences that the Germany and Mexico engine assembly plants are doing, I just think NA might get shafted with engine features.

FRVRNGN

Passed Driver's Ed
it says integrated exhaust manifold with the head :mad:

id like to see how different turbos attach then. or was it meaning integrated manifold with the turbo :confused:
Cyl head and exh manifold are now a single piece.

We may be looking at custom exhaust outlet porting work for big turbo kits. Barring that, "big" turbos would be limited by stock outlet sizing.

In general, this integration leads to betterthermal control for more power and efficiency.