GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IS38 GTI vs Caliber Srt4 (414whp) vs Mustang 5.0 (420whp)

cdubbgti911

Ready to race!
Well at least you shouldn't have to worry about the motor now.

Hmm okay I guess this is where my weight reduction comes into play...

I was impressed that he didn't jump out on you, especially from so low a roll, that's what they always did to me before my current setup.

Hope you don't mind me sharing. Same tune and FBO against a FBO tune 5.O.

https://instagram.com/p/BUWHKMvghtI/

Awesome! Thanks for sharing, I do have full weight...4 doors no weight reduction if anything I have a huge ass recaro baby seat in the back lol

cdubbgti911

Ready to race!
What set up were you using when you melted a hole in a piston? Just a bad injector or trying some crazy tuning?

That’s the think this is the 2nd major repair I’ve needed for my GTIs...my mk6 has a bent rod. This time hole in piston. Nothing crazy I was APR stage 2 downpipe intake and that’s it. Just my luck I guess :/

cdubbgti911

Ready to race!
Yeah sorta ridiculous but I'll start tracking it in the spring and see then. I'd imagine approx 2700 is a safe guess . But idk.

Sorry for the thread jack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worries man as I’m curious as well. For comparison it makes a bit more sense. Myself alone I probably double the weight of my car lmao ?

cdubbgti911

Ready to race!
Your tune is uber conservative. Look at the 6MT trap differences for stack versus straight file. Now that you have a built motor, time to send it :D
The closest APR car (no stack) in 6mt to mine is 7mph slower. That is a massive difference.

Haha I know...I’m not wanting to do meth but am curious how ethanol works or how people get more out of using a blend/ mix fuel.

cdubbgti911

Ready to race!
Get some meth injecting!

Not very familiar with meth set ups. How does this affect daily driving? This is my only car and obviously my daily.

cdubbgti911

Ready to race!
lol that srt caliber got slapped for 400+whp

Yea I don’t think he was too happy. I was surprised from the outcome to be honest. He just dynoed this past week at 414whp and that night he ran another Caliber srt4 with stock turbo and tune with the basic bolt ons that kept up with him pretty well. So I’m wondering if his tuner fucked something up.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Not very familiar with meth set ups. How does this affect daily driving? This is my only car and obviously my daily.

For the record, I went 123mph with no meth and E15. :D Not needed (but it helps). I'm not going to shit on people who want to run it, but to me it is an extra wheel in the cog for minimal gains over proper fueling and E85.

From a strictly power perspective, VP C85 at 40% concentration made only 4 or 5 less WHP than VP C85 @ 40%+meth. Average power with just E40 was actually higher. The results are within the range of error anyways. It is a negligible difference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRAmnPsABgo&t=89s

A good quality ethanol blend will unleash the beast. It's more a matter of finding a fueling system to keep up.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
For the record, I went 123mph with no meth and E15. :D Not needed (but it helps). I'm not going to shit on people who want to run it, but to me it is an extra wheel in the cog for minimal gains over proper fueling and E85.

From a strictly power perspective, VP C85 at 40% concentration made only 4 or 5 less WHP than VP C85 @ 40%+meth. Average power with just E40 was actually higher. The results are within the range of error anyways. It is a negligible difference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRAmnPsABgo&t=89s

A good quality ethanol blend will unleash the beast. It's more a matter of finding a fueling system to keep up.
But if I go out of town and have trouble finding E85 I'm stranded. If I run out of juice on W/M I only need to not bury the throttle until I mix somemore. But you are right that its another part to fail, so it really is about picking your poison.

I'd rather go the W/M route because E85 is still a little sparse here in VA, sparse enough that I would have to plan stops on longer trips. Some states don't even have E85 available. If the GTI wasn't my DD, then E85 would be on the table, but then again if it wasn't my DD why wouldn't I have something else that doesn't need to be so economical? To me GTIs are cars that'd do work (loaded mine up with shit load of dirt/mulch the other day) when needed, get good gas mileage when needed, but also throw down with sports cars when called upon. Not many cars can do all three as well as the GTI.

Edit: Also, isn't the stoichiometric value of E85 under 10? Which also means fuel economy would take a good hit, which wouldn't be the case on W/M.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
I heard a few people tell me meth will put holes in your pistons or simply burn them out and i know you weren't running meth, but makes me wonder if its true lol from my understanding the car is running cooler with meth, but maybe its the AFR that changes and causes it to fail.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Yea I don’t think he was too happy. I was surprised from the outcome to be honest. He just dynoed this past week at 414whp and that night he ran another Caliber srt4 with stock turbo and tune with the basic bolt ons that kept up with him pretty well. So I’m wondering if his tuner fucked something up.

Yea his tuner sucks if he's put loads of money into the car and a pretty much stock srt kept up. Also you should post pictures of your car, curious how it looks

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
I heard a few people tell me meth will put holes in your pistons or simply burn them out and i know you weren't running meth, but makes me wonder if its true lol from my understanding the car is running cooler with meth, but maybe its the AFR that changes and causes it to fail.

Nah, a properly setup meth injection system will only make your car run cooler.

NBMK7GTI

Go Kart Newbie
That’s the think this is the 2nd major repair I’ve needed for my GTIs...my mk6 has a bent rod. This time hole in piston. Nothing crazy I was APR stage 2 downpipe intake and that’s it. Just my luck I guess :/

How many miles did u have when u popped the motor and how long was it tuned for?

cdubbgti911

Ready to race!
How many miles did u have when u popped the motor and how long was it tuned for?

I had ~44k miles when I got a hole in my piston. I have been stage 2 with downpipe/intake since about 25k miles.