GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your VW Driver Gear spring setup.

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
Can you tell which ones on DG springs?

Curious on what is being compared there. I park next to a stock '17 GTI Sport sometimes and my 1.8 with the DG's is noticeably lower.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
They were both stock (car with the roof rack has wheel spacers) in that pic...I posted to help people re consider these springs.

What's the point of dropping 1/2" when there's options that drop an inch more without sacrificing ride?

Here's my car now with VWR, Audi pads in the rear. Noticeable drop, never had ground clearance issues EVER, and rides like stock. Even my picky wife has never bitched about them and that's a true test of ride quality lol

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Why spend hundreds of dollars on a mod that literally can't be detected? No visual or performance gains...is it really lowered if you can't even tell?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I thought it was more like 1” drop once they settle.

You just had people making wild guesses. No point proven there. That’s why you didn’t get very many responses.

Also, I don’t think the point of this thread was to debate VWR (or other) vs DG springs. Kind of off topic.

I’m waiting for Deautokey to jump on here and start peddling their bulbs. [emoji12]

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
A drop that is easily mistaken for showroom stock isn't enough to justify the money. Not a debate, just stating the obvious and my opinion

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Your car looks great BTW. No joke/question.

I’d say the difference between 1” drop (DG) and 1.5” drop (VWR) is less noticeable than the difference between DG and stock.

If the DG drop was only .5”, I agree, I don’t think that anyone should bother.

I’m probably not helping to keep this thread on topic. Lol

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Why spend hundreds of dollars on a mod that literally can't be detected? No visual or performance gains...is it really lowered if you can't even tell?

You could probably find the answer if you read the thread. Or like has been said so many times before-- use google to search DG springs.

This thread is several pages long, lots of info and you post a small photo which is hard to see anything and not a great angle (trying to be cute)-- you're coming across as a bit trollish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
They were both stock (car with the roof rack has wheel spacers) in that pic...I posted to help people re consider these springs.

What's the point of dropping 1/2" when there's options that drop an inch more without sacrificing ride?

Good point. For the GTI, since it already sits 0.5" lower than the 1.8 TSI, they will not drop the full 1" as advertised for TSI they are made for. These are a nice upgrade for the TSI since they drop the car about 0.5" lower than the stock GTI and get rid of that "silly" TSI stance. For the GTI...not so much difference.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie

Dang Jake. Show us on the doll where the dg springs hurt you...

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Dang Jake. Show us on the doll where the dg springs hurt you...

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Constructive criticism isn't trolling.

Also, nothing wrong with my picture sizes. They're appropriate to the forum and I can zoom in just as easily as anyone else (iPhone only, who actually has a PC in 2017?)

I'm not pushing VWR or any other brand, just pointing out what I've heard several DG spring owners complain about. They aren't low enough for most to even notice.

If you'd like to know my widely supported opinion on some other less than worth while mods, try Mods You're Wasting Your Money On http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26845