GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tightening up a Golf TSI

riambink

Passed Driver's Ed
Besides the suspension upgrades, I’d also do the ‘characteristic curve of steering’ to dynamic for coding. Helps stiffen up the steering a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Caesarmascetti

Passed Driver's Ed
FWIW I have a 2016 GSW, I added the VW OEM Sport Springs, Koni FSD shocks, and a GTI PP rear sway bar. The car has kept a decent ride while having sharper more responsive handling. Also, it was an expensive journey for me as I tried coil overs first KW V1's to be exact and they wer just too harsh for a daily driver.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Wait, didn't you just get your TSI not that long ago? Like well less than a year? How do you almost have 30k on it?

It just passed 1 year old this month in October. I’m just about to hit 28k now. driving it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Besides the suspension upgrades, I’d also do the ‘characteristic curve of steering’ to dynamic for coding. Helps stiffen up the steering a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did it and not sure if it made a difference. I think I just don’t notice anymore.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
FWIW I have a 2016 GSW, I added the VW OEM Sport Springs, Koni FSD shocks, and a GTI PP rear sway bar. The car has kept a decent ride while having sharper more responsive handling. Also, it was an expensive journey for me as I tried coil overs first KW V1's to be exact and they wer just too harsh for a daily driver.

Thanks. Good to know.

I’m gonna put the front and rear sway bars in from my GTI and see how it goes for her.

riambink

Passed Driver's Ed
I did it and not sure if it made a difference. I think I just don’t notice anymore.

It’s most noticeable at speed. Got a chance to compare it to an Alltrack with driving mode selection a few weeks ago at the dealer and makes its as stiff as sport mode. Prob not as stiff as a GTI though

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
„She’s driven my 2017 GTI enough...“

According to your signature your 2017 GTI is equipped with:

Why not go the same way? The Bilstein combo? I would recommend the B14 kit and it is available in 50mm strut OD and for the cheaper rear axle.

On my GTI I went with B16 but only because I like to play with different settings. Even on the shitty all-seasons it’s a different car. Search for comments about the B14 if your wife wants to have that planted feel. You experienced already in your ‘16 Golf the bouncy ride just with springs. IMO VW didn’t do a great job with the balance between rebound and compression damping on these cars.