GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Seeking help with TT-RS brake clearance on 18s

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I have a set of TT-RS calipers that are set to go on my car and besides Neuspeed wheels I'm not finding too many 18" wheels that fit over the calipers. Ideally I'm looking for a wheel to run without spacers and anywhere between 8-9" wide. I came across the Konig Rennforms which are made 18x9 et 45 but can't find any info if they will clear the caliper. On that wheel I'm more worried about the barrel itself than the offset.

I would appreciate any information on what specific wheels fit with the TT-RS calipers. I have done quite a bit of searching as well, including on other forums and really not coming up with too much.

Thanks

Sir_Mk7r

Ready to race!
I have a set of TT-RS calipers that are set to go on my car and besides Neuspeed wheels I'm not finding too many 18" wheels that fit over the calipers. Ideally I'm looking for a wheel to run without spacers and anywhere between 8-9" wide. I came across the Konig Rennforms which are made 18x9 et 45 but can't find any info if they will clear the caliper. On that wheel I'm more worried about the barrel itself than the offset.

I would appreciate any information on what specific wheels fit with the TT-RS calipers. I have done quite a bit of searching as well, including on other forums and really not coming up with too much.

Thanks

Just a thought, but check out what kind of wheels people with the tt-rs are using.

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Just a thought, but check out what kind of wheels people with the tt-rs are using.

Yes, checked this as well, but not a ton on there because so many run 19s and larger. A few winter setups but nothing I have found yet that I like.

teemmy

Ready to race!
I have a set of team dynamics pro 1.2 in 18x8 +40 and it clears TTRS brakes.
It's the offset that is going to determine your clearance

Trancebolt

Ready to race!
that's helpful info honestly. was wondering how big of brakes you can fit under 18" wheels =) when my lease is over and I swap the stock brakes for ttrs brakes I'll know what to get.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Reviving this thread as I'm looking for another set of wheels. Currently running the 18x9 et 45 Konig Rennform and they clear with a 5mm spacer.

I'm looking at also getting a set of Konig Ampliform 18x8.5 or Hypergram 18x8.5 hoping they will fit with a 5mm as well. If anyone has any information on this it would be greatly appreciated.