GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Direct Acceleration tweak via Vag-com.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Maybe it is a placebo thing. I will try reverting the change and see if I notice anything.

Agree that it is an odd place for this setting to reside. And the description / wording...

Module - 44 - Power Steering
Adaptation - Drive Profile Switchover
Default value - Incremental: controlled by time
Optional value - Direct: controlled over threshold value

Ah well I never saw this. Literally says Drive Profile Switchover. Based off of the wording, it makes no sense as to why it would make a difference in throttle response... and I am no longer confident this will do anything meaningful. lol!

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Ah well I never saw this. Literally says Drive Profile Switchover. Based off of the wording, it makes no sense as to why it would make a difference in throttle response... and I am no longer confident this will do anything meaningful. lol!
I tried it. 6MT with everything in sport except for the soundaktor on a daily basis. I didn't notice a difference but that doesn't mean much. Just my $0.02.

Brando

Passed Driver's Ed

Try it. Takes a whole minute to do. I noticed a difference. Might be placebo, but I still feel it.

Evil Minion

Ready to race!
The drivetrain setting is both throttle and DSG shift points. The car will always start with drivetrain (both throttle and DSG shift points) in the normal setting, for obvious reasons. Not just the DSG shift points...at least not on my car...

The car (at least mine) always starts in whatever Mode I left it on (Individual for me). This means that it's always in sport engine mode, and D transmission mode.

I did try this change last night for curiosity's sake and noticed absolutely no change.

I think a good way to really test this would be a blind test. Have a friend sit in your car and put the setting either on or off, whatever they want, and not tell you where they set it. Then you get in and drive and try to feel if it's on or off. Do this 3-5 times and see if you can get it right each time as to which setting it's on.

Otherwise it's all speculation and placebo effects.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
The car (at least mine) always starts in whatever Mode I left it on (Individual for me). This means that it's always in sport engine mode, and D transmission mode.

I did try this change last night for curiosity's sake and noticed absolutely no change.

I think a good way to really test this would be a blind test. Have a friend sit in your car and put the setting either on or off, whatever they want, and not tell you where they set it. Then you get in and drive and try to feel if it's on or off. Do this 3-5 times and see if you can get it right each time as to which setting it's on.

Otherwise it's all speculation and placebo effects.

Like I said I don't think it's going to make any difference in sport engine mode. You've already got throttle response at that point that is equal to or even more sensitive to normal engine mode + adaptation. If my engine and trans mounts come by this weekend I'll have a friend over to help with the install and do a blind test of normal+adaptation vs normal. I won't test sport+adaptation vs sport because like you said I think there is no difference.

Brando

Passed Driver's Ed
Like I said I don't think it's going to make any difference in sport engine mode. You've already got throttle response at that point that is equal to or even more sensitive to normal engine mode + adaptation. If my engine and trans mounts come by this weekend I'll have a friend over to help with the install and do a blind test of normal+adaptation vs normal. I won't test sport+adaptation vs sport because like you said I think there is no difference.

My car is always in sport mode. I felt a difference after the tweak, but then again my car is a manual. Again, could all be placebo but I'm happy.

GTIMK7T

Ready to race!
Did this yesterday, and noticed quite an improvement! Mainly just noticed throttle responsiveness in the first 15% of the gas! But definitely helps with smooth shifts for 6mt guys! :) Good find! Thanks for sharing!

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
Anybody try this with an automatic North American 1.8 TSI yet? I'll probably give it a try when I get a chance and then report back. I do about 25% of my driving in "S" and the other 75% in "D". These are the only modes the 1.8 auto has, in case anyone was wondering.

A word of advice...as with almost anything technical, if you don't notice anything, it is probably best to revert back to the stock setting.

gx33

Ready to race!
This + clutch stop + bleeder block makes shifting feel perfect.

Have you removed the clutch pedal spring too?? There is a thread on it. Possibly the best value shifter/clutch mod I've done! Takes about 20seconds and a pair of pliers.

Other Mods:

Sachs SRE clutch
S3 Shifter
Bleeder Block
Shift bushings

ashiun

Ready to race!
Have you removed the clutch pedal spring too?? There is a thread on it. Possibly the best value shifter/clutch mod I've done! Takes about 20seconds and a pair of pliers.

Other Mods:

Sachs SRE clutch
S3 Shifter
Bleeder Block
Shift bushings

Don't even need pliers. Just use your hands.

You literally need 0 tools

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Interested enough to try this. Only drive in Sport mode with DSG in D. I'll pull a log with OBD11 and see if it makes any measurable difference

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Im always on custom mode with everything set to sport except shift points. I did this tweak a while ago and noticed improvment in throttle response but like folks have said could have just been a placebo.

MadMen

Ready to race!
I may have to eat my words on this one. Either that, or the Kool Aid was too good to deny.

My car does feel different now. The shifts on the DSG in D seem to be somewhat normal now, as opposed to the normal "shift before you're ready" feeling. With light throttle, it will hold each gear slightly longer, which feels much better. Especiaaly the 5-6 gear change. It used to go into 6th just over 40 mph under light acceleration. Now it will hold off till about 46 mph. It also downshifts with very little input when going up a slight grade at lower rpm. It used to feel like you had to give it 3/4 throttle to get it to downshift up a slight grade.

So not sure what to think now. I'll have to change back to stock again to see if I'm imagining this, or if it's just the cool weather affect. But it sure does feel like the throttle mapping is tighter - almost like the feeling of a sprint booster.

Makes no sense....

Crud_muffin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e-Golf
^ interesting about the 5-6 gear change. I tested earlier on DSG via the mode button and noticed a slight differences then. Today I set the adaptation and notice the 'timed delay' from a dead stop is gone and that's a welcome change. I don't notice a throttle input change though. Just speculating, it may be it's only felt during clutch engagement and really has to do with the 'direct threshold' aspect.