GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

XDS related topics

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I'm still a little confused about ESC/XDS/VAQ primary function. Would it be correct to say that XDS tries to keep you from plowing, ESC tries to keep you from stepping out/rotating, and VAQ tries to put power down more effectively when slipping?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

drrck

Go Kart Champion
I'm still a little confused about ESC/XDS/VAQ primary function. Would it be correct to say that XDS tries to keep you from plowing, ESC tries to keep you from stepping out/rotating, and VAQ tries to put power down more effectively when slipping?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

VAQ works with ESC. The VAQ can induce oversteer or understeer.

Its more like the VAQ is the mechanical equivalent of XDS but it can add torque where XDS can only remove it...

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
Where is the XDS entry? I’m using VCDS V17.8.0 looking in 03-ABS Brakes. I don’t see anything under any of the functions (such as Adaptation).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SpoolDude

Passed Driver's Ed
It's the "expanded electronic differential lock" option under the brakes like you were looking in. If I remember correctly it's not too terribly far down the options

...at least for obd11. I'm smart.

Last edited:

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
Ok and thanks. It's definitely not in my list.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Ok and thanks. It's definitely not in my list.

Are you sure?? if you have XDS it should be...have you scrolled down the screen/list of adaption channels as the list is long & the screen only shows up the top half...

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
Are you sure?? if you have XDS it should be...have you scrolled down the screen/list of adaption channels as the list is long & the screen only shows up the top half...

Doesn't make sense to me either. AFAIK, all NA GTIs come with XDS. I think I scrolled through everything in VCDS. I poked around in the ABS area (not just adaptation) but still didn't see it. I will check again this weekend.

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
I rechecked this morning. There is no XDS adaptation listed. In the ABS Advanced values, there is something called "Electronic Differential Lock-System Status" (Location MAS00121-IDE02955), which was identified as being "Available" and "Electronic Differential Lock-Function Status" (Location MAS00121-MAS03095), which was identified as "Not Active".
Here are the particulars of my set-up:
The ABS module # is 5Q0 907 379K.
RossTech VCDS Version 17.8.0
Hex+CAN

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
Have you also tried looking in the adapations for "extended differential lock" versus "expanded differential lock" in the 03-ABS Brakes - Adaptation -10 drop down?

If it doesn't work, i'm sure ross-tech forum can advise.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I rechecked this morning. There is no XDS adaptation listed. In the ABS Advanced values, there is something called "Electronic Differential Lock-System Status" (Location MAS00121-IDE02955), which was identified as being "Available" and "Electronic Differential Lock-Function Status" (Location MAS00121-MAS03095), which was identified as "Not Active".
Here are the particulars of my set-up:
The ABS module # is 5Q0 907 379K.
RossTech VCDS Version 17.8.0
Hex+CAN

You are looking in the wrong place...enter the module then look at the right lower part of screen...box no10 (adaptions).....then click on the select channel tab line & scroll down this list...

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
I’m looking in the adaptation list. I was referencing some additional information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

geebob

Ready to race!
Where is the XDS entry? I’m using VCDS V17.8.0 looking in 03-ABS Brakes. I don’t see anything under any of the functions (such as Adaptation).

It's not labeled accurately. Look at the adaptation list and find the one that sounds generic. In the pic at top of thread, it's called "no display," but they changed it to something else just as useless. You'll know you're there when you see the available changes (weak etc.) I use weak, mostly because I dislike being surprised by the pretty obvious intervention with medium and strong.

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
I'll try geebob's approach. In the meantime, here is a screen shot of the available options.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I'll try geebob's approach. In the meantime, here is a screen shot of the available options.
]

It could be the line that states ---no display--

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks everyone for your help. The “—no display—“ entry appears to be the correct one for setting XDS. At least the right options for new entries appeared. It’s a mystery as to why this non-description is used.