GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tire Suggestions For Heavy Rain

Evil Minion

Ready to race!
Just in case you need more convincing, I autocrossed my old '15 Mustang GT on DSW's right after a heavy rain where the course was soaked. I had to try really really hard to get it to get loose to see where the limit was. Extremely impressed with them in the wet. Dry was good too of course, though not as good as a proper summer tire in the dry.

tex1

Passed Driver's Ed
Aren't the DWS also supposed to be great for noise and ride comfort?

I ask because I have a 50 mile x 2 daily commute nowadays and tire change time is coming up in the next few months

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
The Nokian zLine's I am running are great in the wet and have OEM noise and comfort. Dry grip probably not on par with PSS or PS4, but for $350 a set I can't complain.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion

I ask because I have a 50 mile x 2 daily commute nowadays and tire change time is coming up in the next few months

Yes they are, mine were very quiet , you do get some noise at the end of their life but that's normal with most tires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold

I have been using these tires in stock size for quite sometime. It rides really well and the noise levels inside the cabin is better than stock tires i had.

slik

Ready to race!
I also keep my GTI in Portland and understand the frequent rain, but not heavy rain. I prefer the Michelin AS3. They actually have a tapered groove so as the tire wears it continues to funnel the same quantity of water. They are excellent in summer and moderate rain