GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Yet again euro is slightly better

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
err.... they are just silver painted version of the standard R brakes...which is the same calliper as the GTI PP & Clubsport...just different colours..

I realize that they're all the same calliper. Sorry what i meant is that i hope the silver part is a painted trim piece that they put on top, rather than a completely different calliper (ie that i can add it without changing my calliper). Hope that makes sense.

big residual

Passed Driver's Ed
More power challenges that speed limiter pretty quickly. This is from APRs Stage 3+ testing:

Cuts your 0-140mph time in half, that is really moving. In an untuned car, that doesn't even sound fun waiting around for the car to hit 155 or above. Non-issue.

The MPI thing though, that still stings. I guess it's probably just an emissions issue, or cost cutting, but the benefits of having both DI and MPI exist in untuned cars as well, to reduce carbon build up that plagues DI only engines. On a tuned car, it raises your max power ceiling significantly, even with factory injectors. Sucks we have to add that in the NAR.

I’m Stage 2+ and it still takes a long time to get to 130. 100 and 110 come pretty quickly and then it’s sort of a mph or 3 every second or so. Stage 3 would be faster, sure, but I don’t think you’re rocketing up to the limiter w/o a mile or more of unimpeded straight.

Sure you can get that on a highway, but why is someone doing this again?

The car feels solid at 130, which is a pleasant surprise, but I’m always more interested in slowing down for the turns at the end of a long straight because that’s where the real fun is.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I realize that they're all the same calliper. Sorry what i meant is that i hope the silver part is a painted trim piece that they put on top, rather than a completely different calliper (ie that i can add it without changing my calliper). Hope that makes sense.

Yeah..I had a real look at numerous pics & there is defo & silver plate with the "R" logo...much like the existing GTIPP & Clubsport plates....so that's an easy add on..

As for VW stating silver callipers...I don't thing so, standard black ones is what I see in the pics...not even the "grey" of the GTD callipers let alone a "silver" or basic "zinc" look..