GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Performance rebuild on IS20

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
I just spoke to gpop and they told me that they did not have any upgrade for the is38 as of right now, just the is20 and that they are looking into options on the is38 and also looking into options on oiling issues on the is38.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Did they say what upgrades they were putting into the 20's? As in what IS38 parts?

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Did they say what upgrades they were putting into the 20's? As in what IS38 parts?
No they didn't but I emailed them and they will email me back and I'll try to get more clarification on what internals they use for the is20

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
I just spoke to gpop and they told me that they did not have any upgrade for the is38 as of right now, just the is20 and that they are looking into options on the is38 and also looking into options on oiling issues on the is38.

When I spoke with GPOP, months ago at this point, they didn't offer IS20 upgrades either. Someone needs to bite the bullet and ship an IS38 to them for eval/research, like I did with the IS20.

Who is going to be the champion of that effort? ;)

railroader

Autocross Newbie
When I spoke with GPOP, months ago at this point, they didn't offer IS20 upgrades either. Someone needs to bite the bullet and ship an IS38 to them for eval/research, like I did with the IS20.

Who is going to be the champion of that effort? ;)
They got mine today. Not sure I'm willing to be the test subject though lol I can ask them if they need something though

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Ya i can't believe more companies haven't been offering upgrades or hybrids. I think no one wants to spend the time and money on R&D. They will wait till a proven design hits the market, then everyone will just buy one, inspect the design and make the same thing re-branded as theirs.

Last edited:

afman916

Ready to race!
Really interested in this - anxiously awaiting any new regarding which revision of internals they'll be using.

Given that it's an IS38 in an IS20 housing, stock ECU with a JB4 thrown on top should be fine, right?

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Really interested in this - anxiously awaiting any new regarding which revision of internals they'll be using.

Given that it's an IS38 in an IS20 housing, stock ECU with a JB4 thrown on top should be fine, right?
Yes. Jb4 is fine with an is38 also

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
Here's the response from GPOP regarding revisions:

Currently we are offering the full warranty on these. The parts we are using are from the latest revision, we are also working through and on some durability mods for these as well that we will continue to implement and perfect to make these turbos last even longer. Let us know if you need anything else. Thanks!!

Looks like some new stuff on the horizon as well...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Here's the response from GPOP regarding revisions:

Currently we are offering the full warranty on these. The parts we are using are from the latest revision, we are also working through and on some durability mods for these as well that we will continue to implement and perfect to make these turbos last even longer. Let us know if you need anything else. Thanks!!

Looks like some new stuff on the horizon as well...

That's pretty much what they just said to me and that only the is20 is what they currently upgrade and are working/looking into is38 stuff.

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
Giant pictures!

I can't tell if its F rev or not, but it looks similar...