GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Model year changes - nasty / pleasant surprises?

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Why bother locking the glove compartment when a thief will pry the door open with a screwdriver.

What if the thief has no pry tool handy? Even then it's no sure thing that a thief is going to spend more time than he already has getting into the car in the first place. I'd much rather have a lock than not.

RTID75

Passed Driver's Ed
For the record, having been told you can and you can't by two different VW dealers and TPS (the people you ring in the UK if you're in the trade for genuine parts), all of whom belong to the same dealer group, yes you can fit front mudflaps to a pre facelift 2017.

It took VW UK themselves to confirm this for me. They're now fitted. :)

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
What if the thief has no pry tool handy? Even then it's no sure thing that a thief is going to spend more time than he already has getting into the car in the first place. I'd much rather have a lock than not.

Park in Philadelphia around Temple University and you'll see how long it takes :)

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
My 2016 GSW has a keyhole for its glovebox and is equipped with KESSY. Must be a 2017-only thing

And I agree, costcutting sucks but compared to my mk6 (2012) I think the choices they made in cutting costs were smart considering a few extra features they added. For example:

In exchange for:
-hard-plastic B,C,D pillar trim (instead of cloth-covered)
-Hard-plastic rear door panel top trim

We got:
-dashboard coin bin
-Underseat tray

The 2016 R has no lock.