GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

5150 Racing custom Accessport tune

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
I ordered a precision raceworks stage 2 lpfp and will see how she runs with current tune and ethanol content.

pieguy

Ready to race!
I ordered a precision raceworks stage 2 lpfp and will see how she runs with current tune and ethanol content.

Is the stage 2 lpfp a direct plug and play replacement or do you need to upgrade the fuel controller as well? And just curious, why the stage 2 and not stage 3? Aren't they similar in price?

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Is the stage 2 lpfp a direct plug and play replacement or do you need to upgrade the fuel controller as well? And just curious, why the stage 2 and not stage 3? Aren't they similar in price?

I chose the stage 2 because it was plug and play with no controller needed and RJ has been using it with no issues. I thought the stage 3 would need a controller but dont see that in precision raceworks documentation so not sure.

mlvswoll

Passed Driver's Ed
where do the torque ft. lb. numbers on the AP logs come from? crank #'s just curious. I am currently working with Jon on a tune and I am showing 427ft.lb. of torque in my logs. Just wondering as the car feels strong. wasn't sure what the highest figure you 5150 guys have seen on your logs. Also wasn't sure the limit of the DSG when it comes to torque.

iNeedMorePSI

Ready to race!
where do the torque ft. lb. numbers on the AP logs come from? crank #'s just curious. I am currently working with Jon on a tune and I am showing 427ft.lb. of torque in my logs. Just wondering as the car feels strong. wasn't sure what the highest figure you 5150 guys have seen on your logs. Also wasn't sure the limit of the DSG when it comes to torque.
That is not true tq. Ask Jon in private and he will explain.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

mlvswoll

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks iNeed, I knew it wasn't wheel #s for sure. But from rev A to B. It went from 385 to 427, so I know I'm moving in the right direction. Lol

pieguy

Ready to race!
Does anybody know the DSG torque limit that m3lv asked about? I am wondering what whp/tq the mk7 stock platform can handle before we need rebuilds.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie

I've seen 500 a few times in my logs.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
APR or UM TCU tune will work great. APR actually copied UM tcu file and it was posted up a few months back on facebook and this forum.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
APR or UM TCU tune will work great. APR actually copied UM tcu file and it was posted up a few months back on facebook and this forum.
That's funny, considering all the praise I've heard for UMs TCU tune and some of the negative comments I've heard about APRs. There is definitely some brand bias here.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
APR has always been the standard for the DSG tunes. Also you cannot buy the UM DSG tune required for the IS38 solo. They require you to buy their ECU tune also to get the IS38 TCU tune.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
With awsome DA we are having right now I had to hit up the track on Saturday and got a personal best. Track prep was trash though so first run was best and just got worse as the day went on. Thanks Jon for an awesome tune.

2016 GTI DSG IS38 with 5150 e30 tune. Setup includes intercooler, intake, downpipe, APR TCU, M&H 8.5/26-17 slicks, PR lpfp, seats removed. DA was around -100.